Ricky Williams is ..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams is .....

I think the answer to this question could never be a clear cut pick. It is a matter of what kind of offense you run, and the supporting cast around him. How one person comes to a conclusion could be very different from the next peerson, but they both could be right.

I come to my conclusion by this reasoning. I would take the most sucsessfull offensive scheme from the beginning to now, a moderate passing game balanced with running between the tackles. To make this offense work you need a back that can average 3-4 yards every single play, not a back that breaks a few long ones, but also gets stuck in the backfeild on few as well. That being said the 2 best backs for me would be Ricky and Tomlinson. These are the types of backs that you can count on in rainy, snowy, or sunny weather, from day one to championship sunday.

Marshall is amazing at everything. I'd take him 1st, Priest is a ggreat back in his scheme but not so good in one like ours. He wasn't graeat in Balt scheme, just really good.

RW is in the class with LT,Edge, and C-Mart.

I love Deuce and wanted us to take him, but he really needs to show it for at least a year and not get hurt. He has so far and really is great, but he hasn't done it yet to be in the elite group. He will if he plays like this all year and stays healthy.

Deuce really has done 3 times as good as anyone had hoped, but I would like to see is how he performs in Dec and Jan. If the Saints don't get homefeild it will most likely shatter their hopes. I doubt their speed oreinteted offense would hold up very well in Dec or Jan in Greenbay or Philly.

The Priest and Tomlinson seem more dominating to me. Ricky has not had many yards in these last two games, and I know you can say it's the o-line and good defenses and all, but it's different. Priest and Tomlinson have great days EVERY day it seems like. When Ricky is on, he is unstoppable, but he isn't always on. Priest is the best back in the NFL.

Preist Holmes is the best back in the NFL based on his stats alone. The reasons I would I would pick RW and LT over him are 2 fold:

1. It can't take away from what he has done, but everyback in the NFL can only dream of the o-line that he has. I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure he is running behind 4 former pro bowlers, his 2 Ts are perrenial pro bowlers.

2. The offense he plays in. The Cheifs spread the feild with their WRs, and then have the best pass catching TE in all of football to keep the safetys off the line. RW and LT play every single week with 8-9 guys on the line of scrimage and consistently are right around 100 yards.

Back
Top Bottom