Ricky Williams Will Be On Celebrity Big Brother | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams Will Be On Celebrity Big Brother

While he can't really qualify for best RB in Dolphins history, he was damn well the most talented. 2002 was a thing to behold.
One of the best single seasons by a RB in league history and easily Dolphins history. I remember Jim Brown marveling at the fluidity and power Ricky was running with that year - there was not an ounce of wasted motion - he was so smooth, carving the 2nd level like a hot knife through butter. It was beautiful. Then, Dumbstadt struck - division on line up in NE by 11, 3 min to go in a game NE wasn’t even interested in since they couldn’t make the playoffs and we threw 3 incompletes from our 1 even though Williams had about 185 on the ground w a long of like 14. Shanked the punt putting NE in FG range, kicked off OOB for OT - it was such a meltdown in a game we kicked their asses for 57 minutes. Wasted a great season from Williams.

I've always wondered what his career rushing yards would have been if he had his head on right.

He was Adrian Peterson before Adrian Peterson. Barring injury, he would've had Hall of Fame numbers imo. First ballot HOF. He had a rare combination of size and power that's not seen often (OJ, Jim Brown, Bo Jackson, etc)

He was Adrian Peterson before Adrian Peterson. Barring injury, he would've had Hall of Fame numbers imo. First ballot HOF. He had a rare combination of size and power that's not seen often (OJ, Jim Brown, Bo Jackson, etc)
And don’t forget speed :). He had it all. And also, as a blitzed you didn’t want to come through his lane. He leveled blitzing DBs and backers many a time.

One of the best single seasons by a RB in league history and easily Dolphins history. I remember Jim Brown marveling at the fluidity and power Ricky was running with that year - there was not an ounce of wasted motion - he was so smooth, carving the 2nd level like a hot knife through butter. It was beautiful. Then, Dumbstadt struck - division on line up in NE by 11, 3 min to go in a game NE wasn’t even interested in since they couldn’t make the playoffs and we threw 3 incompletes from our 1 even though Williams had about 185 on the ground w a long of like 14. Shanked the punt putting NE in FG range, kicked off OOB for OT - it was such a meltdown in a game we kicked their asses for 57 minutes. Wasted a great season from Williams.

I have always thought that was the start of our freefall - who knew we would still be falling 17 years later!

Back
Top Bottom