Ricky's Fumbles | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's Fumbles

I think his fumbling problem is somewhat overblown when you consider that in the jets game AND in the Raiders game, he lost the ball after his knees touched. Both were reviewed and both were upheld due to "no indisputable visual evidence" which were both copouts by refs that were embarrassed by bad calls.

PS not to mention that after the Jets fumble, Ricky recovered his own fumble!!!! :fire:

Why is this even a topic? Is there anyone who wouldn't take Ricky's production and the fumbles?

The guy who is a major stud and the only offense we had last year.

Let this topic die unless it truly becomes a problem.

This Ricky fumbling crap was started and sustained in the football world by bitter Saints fans and jealoius AFC East opponents.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Why is this even a topic? Is there anyone who wouldn't take Ricky's production and the fumbles?

The guy who is a major stud and the only offense we had last year.

Let this topic die unless it truly becomes a problem.

This Ricky fumbling crap was started and sustained in the football world by bitter Saints fans and jealoius AFC East opponents.

Yah considering what we had the prior 20 years. I'll take Ricky and his fumbles anyday.

Originally posted by fin-atic

Good point.

It's in my head that Ricky's a fumbler because the media has put that message out there repeatedly.

There's a very short list of guys I'd want over Ricky. Since Holmes is hurt, only Marshall Faulk and maybe LaDanian Tomlison come to mind.

I agree, I was just pointing out the site so that people might see how his reputation as a fumbler is not entirely sound...

1800 yards and 7 fumbles is something I can handle EVERY season...

And Eddie George is more fumble prone than Ricky, yet we never hear it...

Did you know Curtis Martin and James Stewart were the only backs with significant carries in 2002 that didn't fumble???

Yeah, Marshall Faulk is just a nasty player when he's healthy..

Unless he's playing against some crap D's ;)

Dolphins were 5-2 in games in which Ricky fumbled!!! I don't think that they were a big problem last year.

Well the big key is that only two of those turnovers was in critical territory. The one against the Jets that cost us at least 3 if not 7 since we were so close to scoring. Other one I can't remember offhand. I need to start keeping some tapes ;p

I do remember a couple where I felt that he was down already so his total could have been only 5 while losing 3 and that's great for the way he ran last year and with his production!

ya know, it sure is amazing how topics change from start to finish. i started this thread not because i think ricky is a fumbler or that there is a problem with his fumbles. i agree with most all who have posted on this thread. however, i had an impression of how ricky's season ended. he was our O at the end and he ran, IMHO, better than any back last year(that is last year, not in the entirety of the nfl) and i wanted to see if the stats backed up my impression.

the stats say "no" because his fumbles(not a problem IMO, once again) were spread evenly over the season. the fact that he was our O the last six games with his strong running, left me, for some reason, with the impression, he was fumbleless over those games.

it's amazing how a talent at it's best can leave an impression. i was looking for stats to verify that imression. that was the point of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom