Riddle me this | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Riddle me this

Originally posted by JAKENLOU
HOW AM I NOT USING THE LANGUAGE CORRECTLY?

You're typing in all capital letters! What English grammar class did you flunk out of? I've got to go to bed now, but please take my advice to heart. Everyone on the board will seriously appreciate it. :)

I AM TWICE YOUR AGE BOY! I HAVE BEEN A FAN SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE DEW ON YOUR MOM'S LILLY PAD! I THINK I HEAR HER COMING, HURRY SHUT OFF THE COMP. AND JUMP IN BED! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wow, you sure love to evade an issue don't you? Instead of sucking it up and accepting the obvious fact you're not using the English language correctly, you instead bypass a valid criticism of mine by attacking me based on the fact that you're older. This in itself has nothing to do with my criticism of you, and in fact makes you look like more of an idiot when someone half your age is willing to act like more of an adult.

Jake,

One of chicago's points is that norms in the use of upper and lower case ARE a part of the English language. But the more significant of his points here is that using all upper-case fonts makes your text harder to read, is often construed as shouting, and is frowned upon by moderators and message-boarders the world over. Go look.

That said, Jake, this forum is generally as casual or as formal as the poster wishes to submit. I invent words regularly, trample grammar, punctuation and spelling, and rarely have anything useful to say. Yet, I am tolerated here BECAUSE I only use all-caps for emphasis. So click that shift-lock key and we'll all love ya, dude. I'm cirrius.;)

took the words outta my mouth

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Jake,

One of chicago's points is that norms in the use of upper and lower case ARE a part of the English language. But the more significant of his points here is that using all upper-case fonts makes your text harder to read, is often construed as shouting, and is frowned upon by moderators and message-boarders the world over. Go look.

That said, Jake, this forum is generally as casual or as formal as the poster wishes to submit. I invent words regularly, trample grammar, punctuation and spelling, and rarely have anything useful to say. Yet, I am tolerated here BECAUSE I only use all-caps for emphasis. So click that shift-lock key and we'll all love ya, dude. I'm cirrius.;)

Grammar???

I'd prefer facts over grammar...

Proper grammar is highly overrated...

If you re-read what I said, you'll see that we don't disagree.

I explained to our friend Jake that folks here are NOT anal-retentive about grammar, spelling, punctuation and even having something to say AS LONG AS you don't type in all-caps.

Back
Top Bottom