RIP Barbaro | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RIP Barbaro

You're so bad :lol:
I don't get why this had the whole country captivated. It's sad, but it's still just a horse.
Then again, I don't horse racing at all. Just seems like a way to use animals for profit. No real need being fulfilled, and competition between non-humans is just irrelevant IMO.

There are Jockeys on these horses...last time I checked they are still human.

BTW...the "elmers" comments are cute.

He will be burried on a farm somewhere in kentucky under a marked grave with a bronze statue marking his grave.

Far from the "elmers" treatment.

I really don't get the glue comments, does someone need to make the same tired, unfunny joke every time a horse dies? Do people actually still laugh at the most unoriginal joke ever? The people that get humor out of an animal dying are probably the same people that kick their dogs, grow up...

He will be burried on a farm somewhere in kentucky under a marked grave with a bronze statue marking his grave.

The same jockeys whom are routinely treated far worse than their animal counter parts.
These horses are treated like trust fund babies, while the majority of jockeys around the world are treated like indentured servants. Even the "star" jockeys don't get it as good as the horses.

Yeah, the human element is held is really high regard :rolleyes:

Would be nice if they buried him on the infield of Churchill Downs

The same jockeys whom are routinely treated far worse than their animal counter parts.
These horses are treated like trust fund babies, while the majority of jockeys around the world are treated like indentured servants. Even the "star" jockeys don't get it as good as the horses.

Yeah, the human element is held is really high regard :rolleyes:

Oh yeah...those "Star" jockeys that make around 2 to 4 million a year?

Oh yeah..they are abused.....:rolleyes:

BTW..Jerry Bailey and Frank Dettori routinely made around 7 to 10 million a year. So they were really treated like crap as well.

Oh yeah...those "Star" jockeys that make around 2 to 4 million a year?

Oh yeah..they are abused.....:rolleyes:

BTW..Jerry Bailey and Frank Dettori routinely made around 7 to 10 million a year. So they were really treated like crap as well.
I didn't say the stars were treated like crap. What I said is they still don't have it as good as the horses.
And, you know I'm right about the other jockey's. The "star" jockeys are few and far between. The "others", that are treated like dirt, make up the vast majority of the jockey population around the world.

I really don't get the glue comments, does someone need to make the same tired, unfunny joke every time a horse dies? Do people actually still laugh at the most unoriginal joke ever? The people that get humor out of an animal dying are probably the same people that kick their dogs, grow up...

Agreed.

Unreal about some of these jokes.:shakeno:

Lighten up Frances.

It was a sad story that such a talented animal died butI don't see why people are making such a big deal about this.

Its a freaking HORSE. I dont know why so many care. This shouldnt even be news. 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% of people who are feeling bad never met the horse, never touched, never talked, never seen the horse race, never knew of the horse even after he won the derby. The only people that should be sad were people who actually made money on the horse because they wont make anymore.

What a freaking disgrace! This horse should have been put to sleep long ago. I can't believe that there's Human children dying because they don't have enough to eat and some fat cat owner is paying thousands of $$$$ to save some stupid horse. He should have donated that money to AIDS or Cancer research and help save Human lives. The owner should be ashamed of himself!.:fire:

What a freaking disgrace! This horse should have been put to sleep long ago. I can't believe that there's Human children dying because they don't have enough to eat and some fat cat owner is paying thousands of $$$$ to save some stupid horse. He should have donated that money to AIDS or Cancer research and help save Human lives. The owner should be ashamed of himself!.:fire:

Brilliant.

Race Horses are insured.

Some are insured for millions of dollars due to potential value as a stud. Such as barbaro.

The money used to try to save him was already paid in premiums.

Its a freaking HORSE. I dont know why so many care. This shouldnt even be news. 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% of people who are feeling bad never met the horse, never touched, never talked, never seen the horse race, never knew of the horse even after he won the derby. The only people that should be sad were people who actually made money on the horse because they wont make anymore.

I met the Horse. he raced at Gulfstream months before the derby and won the Holly Bull Stakes. A friend of mine was working for a trainer friend of his and he let me into the paddock area to see him as there was a whole lot of buzz about him even that early on....

There is nothing wrong with feeling sorry for a noble animal that just gave and gave and never took.

I met the Horse. he raced at Gulfstream months before the derby and won the Holly Bull Stakes. A friend of mine was working for a trainer friend of his and he let me into the paddock area to see him as there was a whole lot of buzz about him even that early on....

There is nothing wrong with feeling sorry for a noble animal that just gave and gave and never took.

Well you met the horse which is different. As for everyone else they never knew who he was until after he broke his hoof.

Back
Top Bottom