RIP Barbaro | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RIP Barbaro

This has gotten a bit out of hand. People act like its a National Tragedy. I still think the main reason they kept him alive as long as they did was to milk him for his ***** for breeding purposes.

This has gotten a bit out of hand. People act like its a National Tragedy. I still think the main reason they kept him alive as long as they did was to milk him for his ***** for breeding purposes.

dude if u dont like horse racing u wont understand.....its sad.....keep ur opinions to urself if ur gonna complain about people grieving.....its a sad situation.....

dude if u dont like horse racing u wont understand.....its sad.....keep ur opinions to urself if ur gonna complain about people grieving.....its a sad situation.....

I didn't say I didn't like horse racing, nor did I say it wasn't sad. Get a grip. I'm not complaining at all. I just think its getting blown out of porportion.

ppl who dont care about horseracing shouldnt be on this thread......my family has a history in the horseracing business and i know how everything works...i love the sport and its sad and yes im grieving a bit......why is that wrong.....

in a few days the media will calm things down....but this horse captured the heart of the country as many do in the business

ppl who dont care about horseracing shouldnt be on this thread......my family has a history in the horseracing business and i know how everything works...i love the sport and its sad and yes im grieving a bit......why is that wrong.....

Dude relax! No one is saying its wrong. I'm sure it does hit people in the business much harder. Don't take anything I said so personally, it wasn't meant that way at all.

Dude relax! No one is saying its wrong. I'm sure it does hit people in the business much harder. Don't take anything I said so personally, it wasn't meant that way at all.
What you said wasnt bad, just some people are trying to tell others that they shouldnt care about it because its just an animal...I dont really advocate trying to force your beliefs on others, so I take offense to someone telling me how I should or shouldnt feel....

Its a public thread bud, and if your grieving over a race horse thats you man, all I'm saying is there are so many bigger and better things to be spending all this media attention on than a horse, who BTW, is just one of many that get put down everyday, and most are not done as nicely as his. Honestly putting him under was a lot better then letting him live through all the pain he would have been facing in his future.

What you said wasnt bad, just some people are trying to tell others that they shouldnt care about it because its just an animal...I dont really advocate trying to force your beliefs on others, so I take offense to someone telling me how I should or shouldnt feel....
I'm sure some of this is pointed at me so, I'm not saying dont care bro, I'm just saying.....its a horse. If you are grieving over a horse, then it leads me to believe you have lived a sheltered life, IMO. I have lost so many loved ones personally and hundreds of people do everyday, but they dont make the news, so no, I dont see the need to grieve for a horse. I save my grieving for my loved ones.

I'm sure some of this is pointed at me so, I'm not saying dont care bro, I'm just saying.....its a horse. If you are grieving over a horse, then it leads me to believe you have lived a sheltered life, IMO. I have lost so many loved ones personally and hundreds of people do everyday, but they dont make the news, so no, I dont see the need to grieve for a horse. I save my grieving for my loved ones.

I for one are not grieving, but it does make me sad. I love animals to death, and whenever we are shown the animal on TV or in person, it affects b/c not only do we know the animal is real, we always SEE them.

It'll blow over eventually, that's how life is. Until then, we have one thing solved. You and a few other guys think it's stupid to give a damn about a horse.

Me and some others are the opposite.

Life moves ahead with or without us anyway

Well you met the horse which is different. As for everyone else they never knew who he was until after he broke his hoof.

Not really, I follow horse racing and go to Santa Anita Park often, I heard about Barbaro before he began racing. They said they had a horse who was in training and could be really special, and he was.

KENNETT SQUARE, Pa. (AP) - For the last eight months, one of Dean Richardson's first stops on his morning rounds was Barbaro's ICU stall.

Richardson looked into the colt's bright eyes, made sure he was comfortable and formed an emotional bond with the Kentucky Derby winner that maybe only owners Roy and Gretchen Jackson equaled.

One day after Barbaro was euthanized, the morning rounds felt terribly empty.
"I'm still having trouble dealing with it," said Richardson, the chief of surgery for the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center, his voice cracking. "I don't really want to talk about it. It's still hard to deal with."

Even so, Richardson had plenty to do Tuesday. Back in surgery, he popped out briefly in the New Bolton lobby to give one person a medical update on her horse, cracking a few jokes and putting the owner at ease about her stallion.

Just another day at the office.

"That's what I do," Richardson said.

But not everything was back to normal at New Bolton a day after Barbaro was euthanized after complications from his gruesome breakdown at last year's
Preakness. Staffers were subdued, and the floral deliveries arrived with sympathy cards attached instead of messages of hope:

"Barbaro, you fought the good fight. You will always be a champion. Love you!!!!!"
"In loving memory of Barbaro, champion of our hearts."

http://msn.foxsports.com/horseracing/story/6425200

KENNETT SQUARE, Pa. (AP) - For the last eight months, one of Dean Richardson's first stops on his morning rounds was Barbaro's ICU stall.

Richardson looked into the colt's bright eyes, made sure he was comfortable and formed an emotional bond with the Kentucky Derby winner that maybe only owners Roy and Gretchen Jackson equaled.

One day after Barbaro was euthanized, the morning rounds felt terribly empty.
"I'm still having trouble dealing with it," said Richardson, the chief of surgery for the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center, his voice cracking. "I don't really want to talk about it. It's still hard to deal with."

Even so, Richardson had plenty to do Tuesday. Back in surgery, he popped out briefly in the New Bolton lobby to give one person a medical update on her horse, cracking a few jokes and putting the owner at ease about her stallion.

Just another day at the office.

"That's what I do," Richardson said.

But not everything was back to normal at New Bolton a day after Barbaro was euthanized after complications from his gruesome breakdown at last year's
Preakness. Staffers were subdued, and the floral deliveries arrived with sympathy cards attached instead of messages of hope:

"Barbaro, you fought the good fight. You will always be a champion. Love you!!!!!"
"In loving memory of Barbaro, champion of our hearts."

http://msn.foxsports.com/horseracing/story/6425200

R.I.P. Champ

I just want to put my name in the hat, I knew who Barbaro was..

I dont think anyone has to care about him, I just think there is a time and a place for everything...Its a little disrespectful to come in, a few hours after he died, to a thread where people are mourning his passing and make tasteless jokes. Also to people like you who dont care, why would you even read the thread, and then feel compelled to tell people that they shouldnt care?

Thank you. Needed to be said

Back
Top Bottom