RIP David Woodley / Sad (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RIP David Woodley / Sad (merged)

APhinnity

Scout Team
Reaction score
RIP David Woodley

I just read that former Dolphin QB David Woodley recently passed away. I don't know if he fell out of favor with the local sportswriters but I have found nothing from those sources relating to the story so I guess I'm a little disappointed. Anyway, if no one has said it yet, let me be the first to say "rest in peace David Woodley."

Where did you read this? I can't find a thing on it.

The local papers had better get on it...that's terrible if they don't.

Thats a very sad story to read about.. Being a fan of the Dolphins, I rooted for him (and the team) each and every game and I must say, it broke my heart when we lost to the Redskins in the Superbowl.

For those that dont know who David Woodley is... he was the main QB between Greise and Marino..

RIP Mr Woodley

This is a truly a sad day in Dolphin land. I didn't even believe it at first. He was only 44 years old!!!

RIP David Woodley....We'll miss you.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I've emailed the link to sportswriters at all of the local newspapers. Hopefully, they'll be publishing something soon. I'm an ole school fin fan so this really saddens me.

Wow ... this news gave me a nasty knock. I'll never forget watching the two-headed monster "Woodstrock" take the Dolphins to the Super Bowl (with healthy support from the "Killer B's," of course). Woodley was proof you didn't have to have a golden arm to reach the top. He will be sorely missed.

I am VERY disappointed in the Miami press for letting this one slip. It seems almost incomprehensible.

I just called 940...hopefully they'll spread the word. I'd call WQAM, but unless David Woodley was a member of the ACLU I doubt Neil Rogers would care that he passed away...

I'll send a note into the herald...

this should definitely be reported...maybe they just don't know...it looks like it has floated under the radar screen.

David Woodley was the first Dolphins QB I actually habe visual memories of playing... I'll miss him for that... As a kid I always liked him... Of course I had no concept of Passer Rating and TD ratios and all those things you learn about the game later on, they didin't matter... To me Woodley was the best QB in the world because he was the QB of MY favorite team, and thats all that mattered.

WoodStrock was awesome, particularly if you were fortunate enough to be at the San Diego playoff game.

Woodley had some very big days as a Dolphin. I think he may have succeeded given more time and coaching.

Rest in Peace

I wasn't at the San Diego game but I remeber it very well... Still one of the best games of all time.

I never really cared for Don Strock though.

Back
Top Bottom