Rishard Matthews goes from long shot to making history for Miami Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rishard Matthews goes from long shot to making history for Miami Dolphins

Remember armon binns? Maybe he was gonna be our big physical receiver. Unfortunately he tore his acl. If I'm not mistaken the dude is like 6 foot 3 220 or something

What would be curious to me is next year seeing how a trio of Hartline, Gibson and Matthews would work together. Very balanced across the 3 and RT seems to have a good relationship with all 3 and would therefore work to Philbin's style of offence more of not having that true number 1. I guess the question then would be… what to do with Wallace?

What would be curious to me is next year seeing how a trio of Hartline, Gibson and Matthews would work together. Very balanced across the 3 and RT seems to have a good relationship with all 3 and would therefore work to Philbin's style of offence more of not having that true number 1. I guess the question then would be… what to do with Wallace?
Agree with this totally, only issue is not enough scoring threat with the 3 but I do think they are a good fit for the style of O Philbin wants.

Agree with this totally, only issue is not enough scoring threat with the 3 but I do think they are a good fit for the style of O Philbin wants.

Considering we don't have that scoring threat as you say, we're doing ok in the red zone. It's getting there is the key and having a few more varied weapons when inside the 20. Again, looking forward to 2014, two other keys will be how Keller and Binns return from injury or if they go after another TE target in the draft. If they return ok from injury this could be a very good receiving corps.

This is where I'd very much like Sherman to stay on, but we do need a change with OL and QB coaching to speed up development.

If Matthews continues his development in the Slot, it will allow Gibson to return to his more natural outside spot… with the body control from he and Hartline, it would be a nice to have to have those to on the outside on go/sideline routes. What is missing is that inside seam threat which Keller would have covered off and it would have had a knock on effect on the other routes.

Considering we don't have that scoring threat as you say, we're doing ok in the red zone. It's getting there is the key and having a few more varied weapons when inside the 20. Again, looking forward to 2014, two other keys will be how Keller and Binns return from injury or if they go after another TE target in the draft. If they return ok from injury this could be a very good receiving corps.

This is where I'd very much like Sherman to stay on, but we do need a change with OL and QB coaching to speed up development.

If Matthews continues his development in the Slot, it will allow Gibson to return to his more natural outside spot… with the body control from he and Hartline, it would be a nice to have to have those to on the outside on go/sideline routes. What is missing is that inside seam threat which Keller would have covered off and it would have had a knock on effect on the other routes.

Keller is a FA, can't see re-signing him.

Keller is a FA, can't see re-signing him.

Yep, aware of that. Interestingly though, he's listed on our reserve/injured list so he wasn't outright released. As we'd signed him to just a 1 year contract, it's unlikely that others will come running, which may enable another cheaper 1 year deal. Id certainly be curious as he was looking very well and he and RT seemed to have clicked quite well - I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly, especially as it wouldn't be too much of a financial burden.

Yep, aware of that. Interestingly though, he's listed on our reserve/injured list so he wasn't outright released. As we'd signed him to just a 1 year contract, it's unlikely that others will come running, which may enable another cheaper 1 year deal. Id certainly be curious as he was looking very well and he and RT seemed to have clicked quite well - I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly, especially as it wouldn't be too much of a financial burden.

Keller got $4.25M this year, which is not cheap. I agree on how good he looked with RT but, the injury history is a huge problem.

Keller's base salary was 9th highest for NFL tight ends this season while sitting at home

I'll give credit where it's do (regrettably) and will go out on a limb to say that Rishard Matthews is Jeff Ireland's greatest value draft selection (7th round) of his tenure as GM of the Miami Dolphins.

[video=youtube;S6srtbQe3KA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=S6srtbQe3KA[/video]

Davone Bess was an undrafted wr, Cameron Wake came from the CFL.

Ireland is by no means the worst GM in the NFL. There are better and there are much worst.

Sherman QUOTE is what needs to get him fired. Show me he doesn't even know the kind of players he has on his roster. God he can't leave soon enough

I always find this injury history quote funny . please advise where this injury history is because most of us don't see it. Really because it isn't there to be very honest
Keller got $4.25M this year, which is not cheap. I agree on how good he looked with RT but, the injury history is a huge problem.

Really nice, accommodating and friendly kid - when I stumbled onto him when a local Publix lunchtime run coincided with his scheduled signing appearance. At that point last season I informed him that he's got a lot of hopeful fans at FH who get pissed every week when learning he's again listed on the inactive list (he more or less smiled saying, "don't worry, it'll be soon").. and encouraged him to surf this site. Been rooting hard for him ever since :up:

I always find this injury history quote funny . please advise where this injury history is because most of us don't see it. Really because it isn't there to be very honest

My mistake. I knew he missed 8 games with a hammy, and then ankle problems, and thought he missed games the year before as well but, he did not.

Back
Top Bottom