Rivers or Roethlisberger WILL be a Phin next year! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers or Roethlisberger WILL be a Phin next year!

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
A new GM practically guarantees it.. The draft is out of Wanne's control.

This draft will be all Offense with maybe a DT thrown in..

we need a LB, not a DT.

Zack does to much, without a lot of help fro seau and Greenwood. we need a guy who has speed an instinct. to bad we need offense so bad, because Karlos Dansby would have been a good pickup.

Well, we'll see what kind of needs we have after the cuts.

I hate to say it, but I think a DB needs to be drafted or brought in.

If we don't re-sign Buckley or Freeman, we've lost our nickel and dime backs in one offseason. This does not inlude the fact we'd lose the guy who starts if one of our starting DB's goes away in Fletcher.

Mueller has his work cut out for him. I want to see disciplined, sure tackling defenders brought in if they go that route in FA and/or draft.

We need a DT... Timbo will be gone after next year most likely.. We need his replacement..

Hopefully Eddie Moore will pan out.. I guess another LB wouldnt hurt, but it cant be a high pick.. The first 3 picks should go to offense.

We also need another Key WR......We have to take some load of Chambers.......

And watch our secondary become worse. It will be a tough offseason.

Who even says Buckley wants to play again next year, or return?

Hopefully the new GM makes some tough cuts to get the team more balanced or dominant on one side and above average on the other.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
We also need another Key WR......We have to take some load of Chambers.......

I hope you don't mean "Key".

Originally posted by SkapePhin
A new GM practically guarantees it.. The draft is out of Wanne's control.

This draft will be all Offense with maybe a DT thrown in..

Roethlisberger? I wish they would trade up, but I doubt it.

Rivers? He's the 4th-5th ranked QB, Losman should be named ahead of him.

I think if we keep Gadsden we will be ok if we pick up another GOOD WR. O-line needs a lot of help but i think Wade Smith deserves another starting year. He has been really good considering that he is a rookie and playing a position he wasnt use to. Get two or Three linemen, (one or two of htem should be veterens) and then the new QB and keep Jay as the backup... we should be ok offensively. Defense... i dont know until they start making cuts. I want to keep Seau, Knight, Wale... As ive said before, i like Madison but we can deal with losing him if we keep Buckley. T-Buck is capable of doing that position. I guess we will only see......

Originally posted by MissMeth
I think if we keep Gadsden we will be ok if we pick up another GOOD WR. O-line needs a lot of help but i think Wade Smith deserves another starting year. He has been really good considering that he is a rookie and playing a position he wasnt use to. Get two or Three linemen, (one or two of htem should be veterens) and then the new QB and keep Jay as the backup... we should be ok offensively. Defense... i dont know until they start making cuts. I want to keep Seau, Knight, Wale... As ive said before, i like Madison but we can deal with losing him if we keep Buckley. T-Buck is capable of doing that position. I guess we will only see......

Keeping OG not a good idea.

I think the O-line and wideouts need to be addressed the most this offseason. Throw the QB situation into the mix and our needs on defense are going to have to take a backseat. My only fear is that we will spend all this time building a dynamic offense, only to see our good defense go into the toilet.

Nothing like having another noodle arm QB like Fiedler(pointing at Rivers). He's too much of a project that has many questions, the main one being will he still be accurate after his throwing motion is changed.

Well like I posted in another thread:

Best scenario the draft could work out for us. Get a 1st/3rd round picks for Ogun. Trade that mid rounder for a later first to gain a mid 2nd round pick.

Take a QB/WR with the 2 first rounders
Take the best OL on the board with the 2nd rounder
Take a DE/DT with the 2 3rd rounders (provided one isn't trading in a drop down with that first rounder to get a 2nd rounder).
Then with the rest of the pics work OL/WR and hope for a serviceable player.

Of course that's a 'best scenario'

If somehow we got two first rounders I gotta believe we'd take a QB & an olineman over a WR in the first. This draft class is real deep at WR.

Re: Re: Rivers or Roethlisberger WILL be a Phin next year!

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Roethlisberger? I wish they would trade up, but I doubt it.

Rivers? He's the 4th-5th ranked QB, Losman should be named ahead of him.

I agree. I don't want Rivers. He never won the ACC. He's a system QB like ost that come out of UF. He may make it in the NFL but Amato helped make Rivers what he is today. And if Miami's line isn't improved, he won't last four games.

Back
Top Bottom