Rivers or Roethlisberger WILL be a Phin next year! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers or Roethlisberger WILL be a Phin next year!

I don't understand the list of names being considered for GM. Ok Randy Mueller is ok but the other guys like Tom Modrak are not even GMs and we've got our own guy Rick Spielman here who is an up and comer and is completely qualified for the job.

Just remember, when there was an argument in the draft room over Anquan Boldin or Eddie Moore, it was Spielman who wanted Boldin and Wannstedt who got cold feet over the linebackers and insisted on Moore. That decision alone should mean that GM powers be transferred to Rick Spielman. Rick has done a good job getting us talent. Wannstedt hasn't turned that talent into a Super Bowl. Given we've run into some bad circumstances trying to get a QB. We probably should have gone after Trent Green or Brad Johnson but those are the only guys I can think of that we could have gotten but did not. We really kinda got screwed on Hasselback, and even though he's really turned out to be good, all of the above guys have sucked all the way up to this point. I honestly don't think you can lay QB at the feet of Wanny or Spielman, and Spiel has made some good decisions and also been overruled by Wanny on other decisions that might have been even better.

Give the job to Rick. Don't let another Boldin vs Moore debacle happen again.

Yup so take the best WR we can get. You can usually get OL (outside of LT's) in the 2nd round fairly easily. Only 4 OL went in the first round last year and 3 were OT's. 4 OL went in the 2nd round. So chances are we will have a shot at least for a great guard prospect.

Year before 5 went in the first round all were OT's.

So chances are we can get a really good guard/center prospect and then work out where McKinney can play from that.

Back
Top Bottom