Rivers to interview with the big O | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rivers to interview with the big O

Originally posted by Noland
Big O said that he was high on Rivers. Big O said that Marino meet with Rivers and that Marino liked Rivers alot Marino has not meet with Losman if that tells you anything. He also said Rivers was flat out fantastic showing good vilocity good reads. He said that Losman was off yesterday better today. He said that the dolphins were interested in Rivers and Losman but I think they are more towards Rivers they way Big O was sounding. Rivers has been great the last 2 days that is a good sign for Miami in my book.

IF he doesn't float too high. We'd have to do some shimmying to get him in that event. I've always liked the kid. He has a certain charisma and attitude about himself that says "I will win."

If we're payin that much attention to Rivers, I think that means we're drafting Losman, to be honest.

Remember these scouts and GMs are all sittin right in front of each other and they all see who each other are talkin to etc. Losman is the guy that has the superb tools and is even called the 3rd best QB in the draft by people who hate him and red flag him as a no-draft guy. Rivers is the guy with a weak arm who is trying to creep from the 2nd round into the 1st. Would make sense for Marino to be interviewing Rivers and ignoring Losman cuz Miami is expected to be one of the major players in the first round where it concerns getting a QB.

Still, performances don't lie. 3rd parties (like Big O) don't usually lie. Rivers has been lighting it up.

But I completely get your drift. And it's usually the truth.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Rivers is the guy with a weak arm who is trying to creep from the 2nd round into the 1st.

I just can't see how you can say that. The guy has an arm, Dan, Big O, and I have said it..and you know how much stock you should put into what I say :)

Draft day will tell anyway. But what I THINK they are doing...........making a play for Eli :D . Rivers would e the best cover, by all reports Losman has been all over, and Rivers has been on. What you say would make sense if they BOTH were doing "very well" and being consistent, but I can't see them chasing a guy that's having a poor performance thus far.

But I can truely see them acting like their GUng-ho for Rivers, then jumping up for Eli or Ben.

makes sense, since GB is trying to play hope Losman, and word is that they are high on Rivers as well. Scouted him at several games this year.

lol everything great about rivers mentioned i've said the last few months... i've said he is manning like with his reads, and his arm is strong but it appears average because of his release.

you should just listen to me ;)

I'm extremely high on Losman myself, and I think he'll secure his spot as the third best QB in the draft if not better at the Combine.

This kid is a prototype passer with the mechanics, tools and confindence to be a leader. He's really passionate about the game and I think he'll be a great QB.

I'm kinda torn on what I think we should do, taking Losman with the 20th pick seems alittle high right now, we had better get another #1 this season with O-Gun, otherwise I see us going WR or O-Line in round 1 and scrapping for a Quarterback in the later rounds, assuming we get a solid verteran.

And the thought of that makes me sad :cry:

Back
Top Bottom