Road game woes... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Road game woes...

MarinoFan

Ralph Wilson after this season
Reaction score
What are our Dolphins going to do different this year, to keep an edge in those close away games. We know we can win in our own stadium. Hell 7-1 proves that. Now away is the problem. Why does our defense just shut down when we go somewhere else to play? I just don't understand. Like I said on another thread, this is our only problem, it's not December or anything like that, it's our freaking road games we stink at. This is why I like this year, cause if it comes down to the very end, we finish off at home vs. the Jets. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by MarinoFan
What are our Dolphins going to do different this year, to keep an edge in those close away games. We know we can win in our own stadium. Hell 7-1 proves that. Now away is the problem. Why does our defense just shut down when we go somewhere else to play? I just don't understand. Like I said on another thread, this is our only problem, it's not December or anything like that, it's our freaking road games we stink at. This is why I like this year, cause if it comes down to the very end, we finish off at home vs. the Jets. What do you guys think?

Dolphin's away schedule:
9/14 at Jets...W, should be a win, its early and should be healthy
10/5 at Giants..L, might be the NFC champs this year
10/12 at Jaguars...W, up-and-coming team, not quite ready
10/27 at Chargers...W, dont say i never did anything for ya;)
11/9 at Titans...L, tough, tough team..especially at home
11/27 at Cowboys..W, should be easy victory despite Parcells
12/7 at Pats..L, tough one to pick, but I had to go with Pats
12/21 at Bills, L....on the road, in freezing temperatures against a good home team who will be fighting for a playoff berth(like everyone)...raucous crowd
so, i think they'll finish 4-4 on the road--no shame in that. could flip the charger and pats games around...

I think they will go 7-1 at home again with their only loss to the Eagles...all in all, 11-5 which would be great in a division like that
thats about as realistic and unbiased prediction I can give

here's a nice little read that was Oh sooo wrong - http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=2473

Miami is 7-25, including four consecutive losses, in December and January over the last 15 years. Memories of the recent winter road woes tempered Sunday's victory for linebacker Zach Thomas.

"We can't get too excited," he said. "We have to take care of business at Minnesota and then go to New England. Those are two road games. We can't flop like we have."

Re: Re: Road game woes...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

Dolphin's away schedule:
12/21 at Bills, L....on the road, in freezing temperatures against a good home team who will be fighting for a playoff berth(like everyone)...raucous crowd
so, i think they'll finish 4-4 on the road--no shame in that. could flip the charger and pats games around...

I think they will go 7-1 at home again with their only loss to the Eagles...all in all, 11-5 which would be great in a division like that

This is just about how I have it although I think the Fins need to pick up a win at either New England or Buffalo.

yeah, i said they'll win at chargers or patriots....could flip them, they wont win at the Ralph though(barring injuries)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Nope............you'll probably beat yourselves

Unfortunately this does sum up a lot of games..We usually have more talent, but find a way to beat ourselves...too often, I actually think our players are being paid off.....I wonder how much Lamar made for that fumble on the pats 2 yard line, that would have won the game for us 2 years ago.

yeah, i said they'll win at chargers or patriots....could flip them, they wont win at the Ralph though(barring injuries)

"Won't" is a pretty strong word about a game in the future.

IMO, the Dolphins are a good enough team that it is impossible to say with certainty that they "won't" win a given game.

I could see you saying that the Bengals won't win at Tampa but not that the Fins won't win at Buffalo.

They won two out of the past three there, afterall.

BARRING INJURIES? Man, that is the beginning of an excuse at it's best.:eek: Guess you are getting prepared just in case huh?

Originally posted by zachseau13

"Won't" is a pretty strong word about a game in the future.

IMO, the Dolphins are a good enough team that it is impossible to say with certainty that they "won't" win a given game.

I could see you saying that the Bengals won't win at Tampa but not that the Fins won't win at Buffalo.

They won two out of the past three there, afterall.
come on now, we were 3-13 the second year, the first year we lost 9 of 11 defensive starters by that game, but you won it easily anyways so i'll give you that one....but i was making realistic predictions....anyteam can win anywhere, so i'm just picking the most likely scenarios on your schedule...11-5 is good, and the losses i picked make sense

I agree with you circle. I think mostly not because we can't beat those teams, but more like we find a way to lose those games, rather than the opponent doing something to win it.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
I agree with you circle. I think mostly not because we can't beat those teams, but more like we find a way to lose those games, rather than the opponent doing something to win it.

true, you had 7 losses last year, you should of won: first bills game, at jets, at vikes, at pats....chiefs, bills#2, and pack were out of reach in the fourth quarter

Re: Re: Road game woes...

Dolphin's away schedule:

FAIR ASSESSMENT. I expect Miami to finish 11-5 or 12-4. IMO the Buffalo game will be a toss up. The team doesn't seem to be affected by cold weather nearly as much as the fans and press talk about it and with our running game the team is well suited for cold weather games. Also Tenn. is a team Miami usually beats. Jax is a concern. I don't think Miami has ever won there. The Giants should have the edge at home and they usually beat Miami. Pats and Chargers are toss up games. Miami has more talent but the spread isn't enough to guarantee a victory on the road. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami favored in 14 or 15 games this season. I'm not saying the'll win that many just that they may be favored in that many.

Back
Top Bottom