Rob Housler - TE - UFA from Arizona | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rob Housler - TE - UFA from Arizona

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/player/robhousler/2508112/profile

He's not Charles Clay, but I think he could be a very good compliment to the Sims/Lynch duo we currently have. He'll come cheap also.

He went to FAU so he is familiar with the area.

He had a bad statistical year last season, but many believe it was due to the QB carousel in Zona but most importantly that Bruce Arians just didn't use the TE in his system.

He's not a blocker, he's a straight receiving TE . . . with plenty of speed.

6'5" 250 lbs
4.55 40 time at the combine

He was productive his first 3 years in Zona, even with the shaky QB play. Just last year was a bad year from a statistical point of view.

I'm calling him down if I'm Miami and we lose Clay.

I am interested to hear what Jordan Cameron's camp wants. Could be a solid pickup if the price is right.

Sorry if I don't get too excited.

It's understandable. Reality is, we may lose Clay if Buffalo offers him a big longterm deal.

He's not a guy you ask to block inline for you. But people are always screaming for a seam threat and this guy can give you some of that. He'll be flexed outside a majority of the time, so essentially he becomes another weapon for Tannehill.

I like the fit with having 2 inline guys in Sims/Lynch.

i think the guy belongs in flag football

You couldn't see him as a flex TE option in this offense?

You already have the inline guys on the roster . . . Housler was decent in 2012 and 2013 before really just getting lost in Bruce Arians offense.

I'm not saying throw him a huge contract, but I think in our 2 TE sets, with Sims/Housler . . . that could be something worth pursuing.

The guy is an athlete, straight up . . . and the size/measurable to be the seam threat we all want on this team. I'd bring him in for a visit.

Housler can run and catch. But he's worse than Clay blocking. I doubt he'd be an expensive option, and would be the type of fallback we are looking at. Cameron has more talent, but we can only get him at a reasonable price because of the concussion risks.

Housler can run and catch. But he's worse than Clay blocking. I doubt he'd be an expensive option, and would be the type of fallback we are looking at. Cameron has more talent, but we can only get him at a reasonable price because of the concussion risks.

Yea definitely, he's a fall back option. He's not a guy you ask to block but he's a natural receiving TE with speed to burn and better size than Clay.

Cameron is the better player for sure, he is also more expensive and a risky concussion history.

I think if the options for Miami don't come to fruition, he 's a guy worth bringing in at a low price.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

since we got Suh and if we let Clay go do you think TE-Maxx Williams will be in play at #14?

Clive Walford would be my target if Clay leaves (and if Maxx isn't available).

No doubt but we need a vet too. I'd sign jordan too

There's a reason teams seem hesitant with Jordan and why the Browns didn't bring him back. He can't stay healthy. Sims in year three will be more than capable of picking up the slack for a rookie like Walford or Maxx. To me, Walford looks like the most pro-ready tight end in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom