Rob Konrad / Is he a bad blocking FB ? (merged 2x) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rob Konrad / Is he a bad blocking FB ? (merged 2x)

I like Rob Konrad. Every time he has touched the ball, when he gets tackled he always is tackled when going forward, kinda like Mike Alstott. I have yet to see him get tackled backwards yet this year.

Hes not a great blocker but hes not a bad one either. Usually Dyer comes in when we are right on the goal line because he is a better blocker, but Konrad is not a bad blocker.

Rob is doing everything he is asked to do and has the possibility of a Pro Bowl selection or at least as an alternate. He is on pace for 40 catches for 312 yards and 8 TDs :eek:

If the Pats do go with Brewski, Phifer and Vrabek, I would expect Konrad to open everytime we play action.

Konrad is a complete fullback, or at least getting more complete every game. he can catch, block, and run. He's pretty good at all the skills which makes him much more dangerous in norvs O. Dyer is definetly the better blocker but thats about all he can do. Both are good but Konrad is a much better fit in this O

The question is going to be how good a fit will he be in the O we use when Norv leaves? Is Dyer going to be more useful? I say keep both for the next couple seasons, if the cap permits it......

I think the bigger question is what ever happened to all that hype about Dyers 'improved' hands. :D :biggrin:

If and when Norv leaves...

... David Shula will be the new OC, and I have no doubt he'll run a variant of Norv's offense. So yes I think Konrad will be a very valuable player for the Dolphins for years to come.

Oliver...

Originally posted by BMarion31
The question is going to be how good a fit will he be in the O we use when Norv leaves? Is Dyer going to be more useful? I say keep both for the next couple seasons, if the cap permits it......

All I've ever seen out of Dyer...

... is hype, I have yet to see him crush one person. I've seen him miss more ppl than he's hit. But I guess when you have a player making tackles because he forgot to button his helmet on right, he's now a star. One demensional players in this league don't last very long.

Oliver...

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
I think the bigger question is what ever happened to all that hype about Dyers 'improved' hands. :D :biggrin:

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
have not seen/heard anything on that since he broke his forearm early last year.

Back
Top Bottom