Robert Hunt signs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Hunt signs

Man this great news! Didn't have any doubt that we would have our whole class signed by training camp. Can't wait for these guys to started. Development development development, that's all I want to see this year. If that means a few more w's in the win column that would be an added bonus.

He better ball out or else.
You do realize that he comes from a small college and he basically played against inferior players? So expecting him to come in and immediately make an impact is probably asking too much of him.

My hope is he will develop into a solid starter over the next three years but I will be surprised if he is any better than Deiter was in his first season in the NFL.

Finally...This guy was starting to make me a little nervous.

On a more positive note, he has been working out with the same trainer (former NFL player) that a few other Dolphins have been working out with since the draft. The coaching staff has given the trainer guidelines (instructions) on what they want him to emphasize, so he has been working on his craft and trying to get ready for what the coaching staff is going to expect of him. These sorts of trainers are a real blessing to those small school kids (Hunt) or really young guys (Jackson) or guys who need to catch up from injury (Jackson again with the bone marrow transplant). Having several of them from the Dolphins with the same trainer every day means when the coaching staff gives suggestions ... they're immediately implemented. It's not the same as mini-camp or the other pre-season activities ... but it's definitely worthwhile and needed for these guys with less-developed skills. We drafted the athlete ... now they need to become technicians to survive in the NFL.

Fingers crossed that they can. Kudos to them for putting in the diligent work needed.

You do realize that he comes from a small college and he basically played against inferior players? So expecting him to come in and immediately make an impact is probably asking too much of him.

My hope is he will develop into a solid starter over the next three years but I will be surprised if he is any better than Deiter was in his first season in the NFL.

I understand this viewpoint I really do, but it wasn’t like he was good in a small school setting. He was absolutely dominate allowing a pressure, not a sack, a quarterback pressure once every 150 snaps the last two years. In that same timeframe he never missed a run blocking assignment, that’s not being bigger and stronger than your opponents. That’s focus on your assignment that is focus on your discipline that his mental ability more so than physical.

And every year they play one or two SEC teams so those numbers go when they play the LSU or they play the Texas A&M or Mississippi State so he has played high end competition and performed the same he did when he was in his regular conference play.

He is an absolute mountain of a person if he is taking the same dietary and work out passion that Solomon Kenly has shown then he should be an elite physical specimen, and as Digital has said, If he is working with trainers if he’s working with former NFL players to work on his technique and work on his body and get used to the NFL grind then this dude is going to hit the ground running.

Does that mean he’s going to be some pro bowl all world guy day one? No, but I bet it’s not like a season/season and a half learning curve like I some people believe. I personally think once you get to about week six or seven his abilities will shine.

I understand this viewpoint I really do, but it wasn’t like he was good in a small school setting. He was absolutely dominate allowing a pressure, not a sack, a quarterback pressure once every 150 snaps the last two years. In that same timeframe he never missed a run blocking assignment, that’s not being bigger and stronger than your opponents. That’s focus on your assignment that is focus on your discipline that his mental ability more so than physical.

And every year they play one or two SEC teams so those numbers go when they play the LSU or they play the Texas A&M or Mississippi State so he has played high end competition and performed the same he did when he was in his regular conference play.

He is an absolute mountain of a person if he is taking the same dietary and work out passion that Solomon Kenly has shown then he should be an elite physical specimen, and as Digital has said, If he is working with trainers if he’s working with former NFL players to work on his technique and work on his body and get used to the NFL grind then this dude is going to hit the ground running.

Does that mean he’s going to be some pro bowl all world guy day one? No, but I bet it’s not like a season/season and a half learning curve like I some people believe. I personally think once you get to about week six or seven his abilities will shine.

I wasn’t upset they drafted him and I certainly hope he becomes a solid starter for the Dolphins. I also know that he was an excellent player in college. I have just seen too many excellent college offensive linemen come in and never do much in the NFL.

So while I hope he is a success with the a Dolphins, I will not be surprised if it takes him at least a year to adjust to playing in the NFL. I also think it will take Jackson at least a year to adjust to playing in the NFL. That is why I don’t see the offensive line playing much better in 2020 than the line played in 2019.

The future for the season offensive line looks bright if Hunt and Jackson develop into the players the Dolphins project them to be. I just am not going to be that upset if both of them come in and struggle early in the season. My hope is that by the end of the season they both are much better players than they were entering the season.

He also played in a game against Alabama, and performed extremely well, which is why he was rated as a 2nd round OG player. People act like he played against JV middle schoolers

I'm hoping Hunt turns out to be the real deal. Rumor has it Baltimore was hot for Hunt on draft day. They even called Miami to congratulate them on the selection. Hopefully he plans out and becomes a staple along the line. Got my fingers crossed.

I realize all of that, but none of it worries me. He dominated that competition. Small schools produce great players too, and I'll accept a learning curve if that's all he needs to be a solid player. It's not like our rookies from the SEC aren't going to need time to adjust as well.

But he will be 24 next month. He'll be the same age as guys like Geiseki and McMillan. I tend to prefer players that break out at a younger age. That's one reason I'm not quite as high on Burrow as most are. But that is really the main part of this pick that concerns me if we are looking for something to worry about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom