Robert Marve officially OUT as the UM Quarterback. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Marve officially OUT as the UM Quarterback.

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
Marve granted release from Hurricanes scholarship

I guess Jacory will be the man come next year and I think it is for the best. That 2 QB thing just didn't work this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3800390

"I had to get out," Marve told the AP from his family's home in Tampa. "I just decided that I can't play for Coach Shannon."

Wow . . . I guess we had a Nix/Marve vs. Shannon/Harris thing going on at UM. Guess the QB from Northwestern who helped bring in the studs from Northwestern and the head coach wins that one 99 out of a 100 times.

I was never a fan of Marve. He has tallent but I never liked his attitude

From what I've got Shannon is trying to prevent him from playing in the SEC. He certainly will not play for any team in Florida. I found out at the Emerald Bowl that he would not have transferred to USF even if given the opportunity which kind of baffled me.

From what I've got Shannon is trying to prevent him from playing in the SEC. He certainly will not play for any team in Florida. I found out at the Emerald Bowl that he would not have transferred to USF even if given the opportunity which kind of baffled me.

Where do you think he would go? cause that eliminates Florida and Alabama

Maybe he'll go to Fresno State...I think they need a QB, and he'd be better than what they have.

Maybe Hawaii or Texas Tech?

Wow Marve Strong Words There Buddy - Culdnt Play For Coach Shannon??lol

Fine Then Leave You Werent That Good Anyway. Jacory Outplayed U . And He Just Made 1 Dumb Very Costly Mistake At The End Of California Game And Jacory Atleast Had 1 Great Game The Final Drive Vs Virginia...marve Didnt Have Any Memorable Moments This Year... Bye Buddy Have A Safe Trip To Alabama! Bet U Thats Where He Will End Up.

He can't go to the SEC, so that takes Bama out of the equation. I really wasn't a fan of his attitude, but he did get jerked around this season.

Harris really didn't outplay him. Sure, he had a nice drive against UVa, and a nice game against Dook, but they're hardly great teams. I really didn't see anything inspiring in that Emerald Bowl game either. Marve wasn't too bad in the Wake Forest game.

Not to mention, that if we're really going to go back to a Pro-Style offense, Harris doesn't fit that well as a QB, he's more suited for a Spread-Style offense. Who really knows what the future holds.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not FINAL that Robert won't be able to transfer to an SEC school just yet. The Marve camp will dertainly pitch a ***** and file greivances or whatever they have to do. Randy is trying to make that happen but I don't think it happens. Shannon is certainly trying to cut Robert's options short but this is a bit vindictive. Whther this is Marve's fault or not, he's just a kid and I don't think he should have opportunities taken from him just because. I certainly understand why Randy doesn't want Marve playing anywhere in the state of Florida but that's different. Playing for Florida hurts Miami a lot more than it hurts if he were to transfer to LSU or Alabama.

As far as where Marve transfers to, I couldn't really say. Marve is gone from Miami and I'm not going to break my neck or push buttons to figure out where he's headed. He's head isn't in Miami and we mover forward without him. Personally, I think he best fits at Tennessee. I think he would fit right in with Lane Kiffin who would rely heavily on Robert Marve to give his offense an identity.

He'll just be like that other dude who wanted to transfer to Rutgers and filed a lawsuit or something similar.

I can understand not letting him transfer to an ACC or in-state school, but to all of the SEC is asinine IMO.

Back
Top Bottom