Robert Marve officially OUT as the UM Quarterback. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Marve officially OUT as the UM Quarterback.

Where do you think he would go? cause that eliminates Florida and Alabama

Alabama was never a option...Saban pulled Marve's scholly chance that
Shula gave him because he's a punk.He has some sealed criminal past,because of his age.Why would Saban want him now,when he didn't want him then?

Wow Marve Strong Words There Buddy - Culdnt Play For Coach Shannon??lol

Fine Then Leave You Werent That Good Anyway. Jacory Outplayed U . And He Just Made 1 Dumb Very Costly Mistake At The End Of California Game And Jacory Atleast Had 1 Great Game The Final Drive Vs Virginia...marve Didnt Have Any Memorable Moments This Year... Bye Buddy Have A Safe Trip To Alabama! Bet U Thats Where He Will End Up.

Why bring up BAMA?Miami didn't take Marve from us.Saban DID NOT
want him..Now you see why.We have Star Jackson and AJ Maccaron,
who are better anyway.

Saban would have taken Marve. Saban never informed Marve that Alabama had landed Nick Fannuzi and that didn't sit right with Marve and his family. Marve loved Mike Shula for whatever reason and was set on playing football for the Tide. Fannuzi on the other hand was set to play for the 'Canes. Essentially, Alabama and Miami swapped commits. Saban never pulled the scholarship. Marve simply bounced.

Saban would have taken Marve. Saban never informed Marve that Alabama had landed Nick Fannuzi and that didn't sit right with Marve and his family. Marve loved Mike Shula for whatever reason and was set on playing football for the Tide. Fannuzi on the other hand was set to play for the 'Canes. Essentially, Alabama and Miami swapped commits. Saban never pulled the scholarship. Marve simply bounced.
No...I sat at a booster dinner in Dothan,Al and listened to Nick personally
say why he didn't want Marve.Shula recruited thugs.Marve's Dad tried
several times to contact Nick.Nick told him what was going on and then
went after Fannuzi thru Major Applewhite.
Spin it however you want to.

Ok, maybe Saban did say that he did not want Marve. I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that it's not documented anywhere that the scholarship was pulled even though this happens often. Marve decommitted when the news of Fannuzi surfaced. Most coaches will call a recruit and let the recruit know when he has is recruiting another player of the same position. It's recruiting courtesy. Saban did not do this with Marve. Now, if Saban didn't want Marve as you say, then it certainly makes sense that he didn't contact Marve sbout Fannuzi.

Ok, maybe Saban did say that he did not want Marve. I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that it's not documented anywhere that the scholarship was pulled even though this happens often. Marve decommitted when the news of Fannuzi surfaced. Most coaches will call a recruit and let the recruit know when he has is recruiting another player of the same position. It's recruiting courtesy. Saban did not do this with Marve. Now, if Saban didn't want Marve as you say, then it certainly makes sense that he didn't contact Marve sbout Fannuzi.

No again....Shula recruited thugs...Marve was/is a CRIMINAL.Marve's father (one Robert's many problems)
contacted Saban many times,but Nick told him he wasn't going to honor Shula's choice because of well
known character issuses.Around here it tripped people
out why Nick bypassed him for a lesser talented QB.
Then we found out,...Now you Canes know.
Look UM is WAY better off now.All I'm saying don't act
like BAMA is a option or that Miami stole Marve from us,because once Saban got to Bama,Marve was a never
was and a never will be at Bama.DJ Hall,Keith Brown,
and Jimmy Johns..and now Andre Smith...I'm glad
most of Shula's thugs are gone/or will be gone.
I don't want to argue..It always looks different,depending on which side of the water your standing on.The fact was/is that Marve is a spoiled bad
seed.He will do more stupid things before he is through.
I'm a Bama grad,but respect the Canes alot.Would love
to see Bama/Miami play for the title again one day.

I'm not here to argue either and I certainly understand what you're saying about Robert Marve. I started to become leary of the kid when he and Jermaine McKenzie were involved in that car accident that forced Marve to redshirt as a true Freshman. Now, both he and McKenzie are on their way out. I knew that Alabama wasn't an option for Marve a month ago when all of this transfer talk began. Robert's biggest problem here is that he has a sense of entitlement and doesn't like being threatened by a little competition. He doesn't embrace it.

And so you know, I'd prefer if Miami never played Alabama again because I know how Nick Saban is during big games. I have as much respect for Nick Saban as anyone you can find. I had absolutely no problem with the way he left the Dolphins. A lot of people do, however. I'm sure you're aware of that lol. But with Nick Saban, it's tough for any team to have a chance. I was 14 years old in 1992 and remember that National Title game between Alabama and Miami like it was yesterday. I see Lamar Thomas all the time and I can tell you, there's not a day that goes by that he doesn't think about George Teague. I couldn't believe Teague ran Lamar down like that and Teague didn't even appear to pull up when stripping the ball. I was crushed as a kid.

I've never made easy money quite as easily as I did this season when Alabama was a 7 point underdog to Clemson. I know all about Nick Saban and I live 45 minutes from the Clemson campus so I know all about Tommy Bowden. One of those coaches runs the toughest camp in the country, the other runs the softest camp in the country. It wasn't hard to figure out Alabama would roll Clemson easily. Alabama was easy money for the majority of the season and I was all over it every time. I think the only bet I lost on Alabama was during the SEC title game. I had Alabama +10. I believe they roll Utah as well.

Tebow manned up and took that SEC game on his back.
He is one tuff cookie.

Hey I just saw on ESPN that Jack Arute (of all people) is reporting that Brian Kelly, Head Coach at Cincinnati has asked for permission to speak with Robert Marve about a possible transfer there.

I think he'd be a great fit there, they have some great athletes on offense and he could give them another dimension with his running. We'll see what happens, this is gonna be a long, drawn-out process...

Hey I just saw on ESPN that Jack Arute (of all people) is reporting that Brian Kelly, Head Coach at Cincinnati has asked for permission to speak with Robert Marve about a possible transfer there.

I think he'd be a great fit there, they have some great athletes on offense and he could give them another dimension with his running. We'll see what happens, this is gonna be a long, drawn-out process...

This is TRUE.

Cincinnati is coming outta nowhere, but it really would be a good fit, they are losing Pike and they dont seem to have anyone else to step in...good luck to Marve, they have pretty good WR there and a pretty wide open offense...

* * * UPDATE * * *

The University has partially lifted the restrictions of Marve's transfer. He will be allowed to transfer to an SEC school but <b>NOT</b> the University of Tennessee, Louisiana State University, or the University of Florida. Below is the University's officialy statement released earlier.

"The University of Miami Athletic Department this afternoon lifted its restriction on Robert Marve transferring to a Southeastern Conference school with the exception of the University of Florida, the University of Tennessee and Louisiana State University. Due to the attention this issue has received, the University feels it is appropriate to state the reason for keeping the restriction on those schools. The University of Miami has reason to believe that the Marve family or others on behalf of the Marve family contacted those institutions during the 2008 season regarding Robert's potential transfer prior to him having been given his release by UM. We are not suggesting any wrong doing on the part of any of the universities mentioned. Robert's desire to request a transfer was reviewed in the same manner that we do for every student-athlete in every sport. It is important to note that any stipulations imposed on any possible transfer are always the result of circumstances and are not done in haste or spite. As per NCAA regulations, a student-athlete can appeal any restrictions or stipulations given by a school regarding his or her transfer."

JCane, i just read that Marve is considering Oklahoma St. and Purdue, is that true? Also that we offered the OC job to Mike Shula?

To be honest, I don't know much about the Marve situation. He has no more ties to the University of Miami so he isn't having to report anything to Coach Shannon anymore. If he isn't reporting to anyone at Miami, my information will be just as good as anything that you guys get. Last I heard about Marve was what I read in the papers about his father not being happy with the appeal. Apparently the appeal granted Robert the chance to play at South Florida or Central Florida. This wasn't good enough for the Marve family which proved that they were lying about wanting to play close to home because of family medical problems and financial reasons. And now if those goobers are serious about Oklahoma State or Purdue...please. They were a joke all along and they know it. Marve wants to play at LSU or Tennessee and they're upset because the restrictions weren't lifted on those two schools.

As far as Mike Shula is concerned, I haven't heard that anyone has been offered the position yet but I did hear that Shula has no interest in leaving the NFL to return to the college ranks. Myself and others are still convinced that Koetter is the top name on Shannon's list but until something happens with Koetter in Jacksonville, Koetter won't even interview for the job. but I am hearing that the search is getting serious and that we can expect a hire as soon as this week perhaps.

No...I sat at a booster dinner in Dothan,Al and listened to Nick personally
say why he didn't want Marve.
Shula recruited thugs.Marve's Dad tried
several times to contact Nick.Nick told him what was going on and then
went after Fannuzi thru Major Applewhite.
Spin it however you want to.

and I heard Saban say "I am not going to coach Alabama" :sidelol:

Serious question though.....how is it that Shannon/Miami has so much say as to where Marve can or can't go?

Back
Top Bottom