Robert Nkemdiche at # 13 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Nkemdiche at # 13

Some are of you people on here are dumb. Last year Shane Ray got popped with weed and was drafter in the first round by Denver. Weed is legal there and they still drafted him. Has he gotten busted again? Some of you idiots need to think before you post.

It's a red flag because it shows bad judgement. The fact that he might be available at 13 shows that a lot of people in NFL FOs are also concerned with his bad judgement.

Really, really quick first step, sets the edge like a mofo, can play inside on passing downs, all downs for that matter. He is so damn quick for his size, very unusual. He'd set the edge way better than OV, he can bend the arc and get after it and be an excellent pass rush DT, base DE. My guess is that either he or Ezekiel Elliott are this year's version of Tannenbaum's man crush, last year was Jordan Phillips. We'll see what happens.

Just watched his game vs Bama.

Athletism stood out for sure, has some nice moves, he's def in consideration for me st 13.

The dude who cant handle his liquor (or whatever substance he was under) and fell out of a window?

Did we not learn our lesson with Dion Jordan?

:bobdole:

Just watched his game vs Bama.

Athletism stood out for sure, has some nice moves, he's def in consideration for me st 13.

I love that game film, but with all things there's a downside- he doesn't look nearly as good in other games, the consistency isn't there. But he stepped up against the best competition, Alabama and other SEC opponents, that counts for a lot. His first step is so quick I had to go back and review the plays several times, what an athlete.

I love that game film, but with all things there's a downside- he doesn't look nearly as good in other games, the consistency isn't there. But he stepped up against the best competition, Alabama and other SEC opponents, that counts for a lot. His first step is so quick I had to go back and review the plays several times, what an athlete.

Yeah he can find himself out of position for sure.

But after following the draft for years, IMO that's one of the more easily fixable traits. I killed Shazier for the same thing and after one season in the NFL he's fixed that problem completely, and IMO has surpassed expectations.

I've watched a lot of Dline guys in this draft, you don't find very may dudes who are tossing Alabama lineman out of the way and making plays in the backfield like he does.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

The dude who cant handle his liquor (or whatever substance he was under) and fell out of a window?

Did we not learn our lesson with Dion Jordan?

:bobdole:

Justin Houston has done just fine.

It all depends on how they interview and if you believe them or not.

Dion Jordan never stood out as a player who give a crap about anything.

Don't bet on it.

1. He's a 3-tech DT in a 4-3. We have at least 2 of those.
2. He's nothing like the player at DE that he is at DT.
3. Gase, Grier, Tannenbaum and every Miami reporter have stressed how they want to target guys who love football above all else. Nkemdiche is not that guy, he has more or less admitted as much himself.

Bad fit on several levels. I would be shocked if we took him. Lawson, Dodd, Billings, maybe even Ashawn. .. I could see our FO considering any and all of those.

The guy plays saxophone in a band and is actually well spoken- don't rush to judgement. Funny I just logged in to post my guess that the Fins are targeting Nkemdiche and Elliot at #13. Both uber talented, Nkemdiche might be the most talented player in the draft. The weed was supposedly Tunsil's anyway, don't buy all the negative hype about Nkemdiche, listen to him speak and judge for yourself, this is no lunkhead.

Absolutely. This kid is smart and talented. But he's not football-obsessed or a leader.

1. He's a 3-tech DT in a 4-3. We have at least 2 of those.
2. He's nothing like the player at DE that he is at DT.
3. Gase, Grier, Tannenbaum and every Miami reporter have stressed how they want to target guys who love football above all else. Nkemdiche is not that guy, he has more or less admitted as much himself.

Bad fit on several levels. I would be shocked if we took him. Lawson, Dodd, Billings, maybe even Ashawn. .. I could see our FO considering any and all of those.

Ole Miss played him a lot at DE- no doubt he can set the edge at DE and go inside on passing downs, we certainly have a guy with similar skill set in Mario Williams, but a DL of Nkemdiche/Suh/Phillips/Williams with Wake as the designated pass rusher could cause all kinds of problems. If we go smaller, more traditional at 4-3 DE I still like Charles Tapper from Oklahoma, maybe Ronald Blair later in the draft.

Nkemdiche/Suh/Phillips/Williams with Wake as the designated pass rusher

That sounds so amazing to me, then get another press corner/OG in round 2, after all the moves we've made so far I don't see how we couldn't compete for a playoff push in year one under Gase.

Back
Top Bottom