Robert Nkemdiche at # 13 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robert Nkemdiche at # 13

If we spend one second comparing him to Dion Jordan we're out of our minds. Nkemdiche is a legitimate monster disruptive force who was rated the best high school player in his class. Jordan was always a fraud. He looks the part loafing alongside tight ends so gullible types make him out to be some type of superior athlete. Meanwhile, Jordan flunked the metrics. No explosiveness. That shows up in his play, regardless of weight.

As a gambler I've love Nkemdiche. He can absolutely play defensive end. He was listed there by many sources entering college. Mississippi chose to play him inside. As others have mentioned, he's hardly a blank faced kid with a doper look and zero dimensions beyond football.

Sure, he can freelance due to his ability level, and there is variance in effectiveness from game to game. I doubt that will shift in the pros. The Dolphins get nowhere with safe picks with very little upside. This would be an opportunity to collapse the pocket from the interior...a quarterback's nightmare. We wouldn't have to worry about aging tiny defensive ends with achilles issues.

You need to take shots like this frequently, when the rare talent falls to you. Let other teams tremble and avoid. I get sick of patchwork stadiums and players.

1. He's a 3-tech DT in a 4-3. We have at least 2 of those.
2. He's nothing like the player at DE that he is at DT.
3. Gase, Grier, Tannenbaum and every Miami reporter have stressed how they want to target guys who love football above all else. Nkemdiche is not that guy, he has more or less admitted as much himself.

Bad fit on several levels. I would be shocked if we took him. Lawson, Dodd, Billings, maybe even Ashawn. .. I could see our FO considering any and all of those.

I'm not gonna rule it out cause you never know what tannenbaum may pull...but yeah this doesn't make sense...you cant draft a guy with the idea hes gonna be a base de and kick inside the sub for a career when you have suh in front of him as the 3 tech and he doesn't give you anything on the edge in that much space pass rush wise...as a de vs the pass he's gonna give you nothing...he's way out of place in space...

you draft that to start as a 3 tech...and play it every down even...as a every down 3 tech ideal fit that's where the true value here lies and the value that would validate a top 15 pick...not to pick up suhs scraps and be asked to do something else

you can get Sheldon day later who gives you the same thing versatility wise and is more twitchy on the edge vs tackles...athough neither will impact the qb from there much

bad value for miami

No to Nkemdiche. He is a 3-4 DE optimally and can play 4-3 DT at 294 but it would not be optimal. No need to spend a pick on an interior d lineman.

Not really a huge fan but i watched him play in high school at Grayson...he was a beast and showed major desire.

Not sure if it is still there, so there is a risk, but physically he's a top 5 player....mentally, he is smart as well (parents raised him well), it's the emotional aspect that has me and others worried.

Does he even care enough to be at the top of his game in the NFL? Or does he just want to get a few big checks while getting 30 tackles and 5 sacks per year (which would be average IMO)?

I'm not gonna rule it out cause you never know what tannenbaum may pull...but yeah this doesn't make sense...you cant draft a guy with the idea hes gonna be a base de and kick inside the sub for a career when you have suh in front of him as the 3 tech and he doesn't give you anything on the edge in that much space pass rush wise...as a de vs the pass he's gonna give you nothing...he's way out of place in space...

you draft that to start as a 3 tech...and play it every down even...as a every down 3 tech ideal fit that's where the true value here lies and the value that would validate a top 15 pick...not to pick up suhs scraps and be asked to do something else

you can get Sheldon day later who gives you the same thing versatility wise and is more twitchy on the edge vs tackles...athough neither will impact the qb from there much

bad value for miami

Sheldon Day is more twitchy on the Edge than Nkemdiche? No sir.

If we spend one second comparing him to Dion Jordan we're out of our minds. Nkemdiche is a legitimate monster disruptive force who was rated the best high school player in his class. Jordan was always a fraud. He looks the part loafing alongside tight ends so gullible types make him out to be some type of superior athlete. Meanwhile, Jordan flunked the metrics. No explosiveness. That shows up in his play, regardless of weight.

As a gambler I've love Nkemdiche. He can absolutely play defensive end. He was listed there by many sources entering college. Mississippi chose to play him inside. As others have mentioned, he's hardly a blank faced kid with a doper look and zero dimensions beyond football.

Sure, he can freelance due to his ability level, and there is variance in effectiveness from game to game. I doubt that will shift in the pros. The Dolphins get nowhere with safe picks with very little upside. This would be an opportunity to collapse the pocket from the interior...a quarterback's nightmare. We wouldn't have to worry about aging tiny defensive ends with achilles issues.

You need to take shots like this frequently, when the rare talent falls to you. Let other teams tremble and avoid. I get sick of patchwork stadiums and players.

I hear you, but this team is screaming for players who bleed football and just raise the level of guys around them with their desire and effort.

Like you, I want us to take risks to.find great players. To ignore character concerns, certain injuries, herd mentality of nfl teams etc. But I want players who can't imagine life without football. I don't think this kid is one of those. He might flourish on a team with a bunch of other football obsessed players around him. I don't see that in Miami.

Sheldon Day is more twitchy on the Edge than Nkemdiche? No sir.

Agree or disagree neither ones gonna sniff the qb much on the edge...i saw nkemdiche play de for one of his years and all he did was waste snaps out there...that guy belongs inside

I hear you, but this team is screaming for players who bleed football and just raise the level of guys around them with their desire and effort.

Like you, I want us to take risks to.find great players. To ignore character concerns, certain injuries, herd mentality of nfl teams etc. But I want players who can't imagine life without football. I don't think this kid is one of those. He might flourish on a team with a bunch of other football obsessed players around him. I don't see that in Miami.

Suh and Wake aren't football obsessed? Same with Mario, mans fired up already that he's being put back at what he does best, if it were any year to put him next to football hungry players, it's this year.

“I charted out every play he made in six games – he was a wrecking ball,” Lande said. “His production in terms of disrupting plays, blowing things up behind the line of scrimmage, forcing bad passes was at the level of, or better than, (Ndamukong) Suh and McCoy when they came out.

“He is remarkable in terms of actual production when you chart what he does, not just taking into account his tackles and sacks. When you really watch what he does, he’s a really productive interior guy.”

http://gridironnow.com/scout-nkemdiche-1st-defensive-player-picked/

Last edited by a moderator:
If you investigate his history...and this one incident was a kid partying a little too much one time...you can make a strong case for drafting this talent.

Back
Top Bottom