Rod Gardner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rod Gardner

camanda

Scout Team
Reaction score
If we're looking at available WR's to add I think we need to consider Gardner. He's not a speed merchant but he has good speed and can make plays. The only drawback (and it's probably a deal breaker) has been his unwillingness to come to terms on a contract with teams that have been interested in trading for him.

Now whether or not that's a ploy to get himself released by Washington, which they're considering doing, I'm not sure. Maybe he's just a junior Terrel Owens waiting to happen. I still think Miami should look at him. If nothing else he's healthier than Boston, and a better option than Troy Brown, Freddie Mitchell, etc.

What's the consensus on Gardner amongst you folks?

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
camanda said:
If we're looking at available WR's to add I think we need to consider Gardner. He's not a speed merchant but he has good speed and can make plays. The only drawback (and it's probably a deal breaker) has been his unwillingness to come to terms on a contract with teams that have been interested in trading for him.

Now whether or not that's a ploy to get himself released by Washington, which they're considering doing, I'm not sure. Maybe he's just a junior Terrel Owens waiting to happen. I still think Miami should look at him. If nothing else he's healthier than Boston, and a better option than Troy Brown, Freddie Mitchell, etc.

What's the consensus on Gardner amongst you folks?

Gardner is good, if he is released the Phins should look into him. My only problem is that he might cost to much $$. We will just have to play the waiting game for now........

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Derrius Thompson and Rod Gardner as backups--wow that would be the Redskins starters like 2 years ago backing up Chambers and Booker...

Deus Ex Dolphin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Gardner would be a good #3 WR for us, though he lacks top speed. He has been healthy right? The downside is he may want a starting position, too much money, and the Redskins would want a draft pick to get him right now.

We could hope he gets released after June 1st, but then have to compete with other teams who may want him.

Compare all that with getting Boston at about vet minimum, though then you worry about health issues and maybe attitude.

stan marino

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Gardner is an interesting wr. In a 3 WR set we could have Booker and Gardner on the outside with Chambers in the slot, McMicheal at TE and Brown in the backfield. That would be nice to see.

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I would perfer to take Boston and Hakim over Gardner anyday.

stan marino

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Depending on Gardner's price id rather have him without the injury/drug problems that Boston would bring to the table with him.

t2thejz

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I dont think we will be going after any more big name players. Even if we wanted to, I dont think we will have the cap room

TheMadPorpoise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm not sure why some of you are in love with David Boston. You must think Boston is still the guy that was a Pro-Bowler in 2001. That's not him any more. He's a self-centered, me-first, turd that has no place on this team. If he is such a fabulous wide receiver, why are the receiver starved 49ers (who happen to have Jerry Sullivan, his ex-mentor, as WR coach) reluctant to sign him? Or any other team for that matter? We were stupid enough to waste a sixth round pick on him (thanks Rick). We traded Jamar Fletcher (Wanny bust #79) and a 6th round pick to San Diego for Boston and San Diego got the best of that deal. Absolutely disgusting.

STOP THE BOSTON BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
t2thejz said:
I dont think we will be going after any more big name players. Even if we wanted to, I dont think we will have the cap room

We have plenty of cap room. We have 6 million to spend.

TheMadPorpoise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Shifty187 said:
Rod Gardner?:shakeno:

The only thing hes good for is dropping catchable balls!

And the only things Boston is good for are testing positive for roids, getting hurt, and punching old men.

Top Bottom