Rod Gardner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rod Gardner

T tes said:
Say no to Gardner and pick up my homie Boston.:cooldude:

Hey T tes,

I grew up in Oswego. In fact, I'm visiting family there right now. Are you on the East or West side?

I think we need more speed than Gardner. We've got enough possession receivers to last a lifetime.

TheMadPorpoise said:
And the only things Boston is good for are testing positive for roids, getting hurt, and punching old men.

Boston has the talent to be one of the Top 5 WR's in the league!

Gardner will never be anything more than a 3rd option!

Ya we should sign Boston back for sure. Linehan can really use deep threats well.

Shifty187 said:
Boston has the talent to be one of the Top 5 WR's in the league!

Gardner will never be anything more than a 3rd option!

He does have a lot of talent. The problem is he is a me-first guy that doesn't give a damn about his teammates. He's more concerned about trying to look like a Greek God than being the dominant football player he could be if he paid the price and made some sacrifices. Try finding one San Diego Charger or Arizona Cardinal that has a nice thing to say about him. You won't find many, if any.

The one guy that believed in Boston and supposedly could get him to play to his great potential and was Wide Receivers Coach Jerry Sullivan. While he was still under contract with Miami, Jerry Sullivan recommended to Coach Saban that David Boston wasn't worth keeping around. That's pretty damning.

Boston is a perennial tease. Great talent. Questionable character and work ethic.

That also could be because he was going to S.F. and wanted Boston to come over so who knows. I think Boston deserves one last chance in this league and that's it.

Jaj said:
That also could be because he was going to S.F. and wanted Boston to come over so who knows. I think Boston deserves one last chance in this league and that's it.

Possibly, but that's been about six months ago and the 49ers don't seem too interested in signing Boston. I believe at that time Sullivan was giving his honest assessment of Boston and wasn't sure if he was staying in Miami or not.

TheMadPorpoise said:
He does have a lot of talent. The problem is he is a me-first guy that doesn't give a damn about his teammates. He's more concerned about trying to look like a Greek God than being the dominant football player he could be if he paid the price and made some sacrifices. Try finding one San Diego Charger or Arizona Cardinal that has a nice thing to say about him. You won't find many, if any.

The one guy that believed in Boston and supposedly could get him to play to his great potential and was Wide Receivers Coach Jerry Sullivan. While he was still under contract with Miami, Jerry Sullivan recommended to Coach Saban that David Boston wasn't worth keeping around. That's pretty damning.

Boston is a perennial tease. Great talent. Questionable character and work ethic.

What?

When we traded for Boston he was 270+lbs solid muscle! We asked him to drop 40lbs because 230lbs is his best playing weight and he did it! Droping 40lbs of muscle (which is harder then dropping 40lbs of fat) without bit*hing once shows that he was motivated to have a Pro Bowl season!

Shifty187 said:
What?

When we traded for Boston he was 270+lbs solid muscle! We asked him to drop 40lbs because 230lbs is his best playing weight and he did it! Droping 40lbs of muscle (which is harder then dropping 40lbs of fat) without bit*hing once shows that he was motivated to have a Pro Bowl season!

He was 270+ pounds of solid muscle and steroids, and yes, he did get down to the 230 pounds that the team wanted him at. This is the guy's playing weight. Him getting down to his playing weight instead of that of a defensive end's is foreshadowing a pro bowl season? Why the hell did he bulk up so much in the first place? If he loved football, he never would have done that.

And after he gets hurt, he decides not to travel with the team and gets mad at at an old man and beats him up. Classy guy.

I'm not against signing Boston for cheap, but if theres a more reliable option after june 1st such as Gardner(depending on his salary demands) than id rather have Gardner.

Back
Top Bottom