Rodgers Agrees to Parameters of Deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers Agrees to Parameters of Deal

That doesn't change anything IMO....

The 49ers are trying to get both to "agree to terms". Nothing is signed, so until Paul Tags makes his first visit to the podium, it's anybody's guess who the 49ers will pick...

I think in the end, the 49ers will do whatever that can to draft A. Smith. If they can't get a deal done before Saturday, they'll take Rodgers. There's really nothing new here....

PHINZ RULE!!!

fishypete said:
Won't happen...the Vikes will move up and take Edwards.

They aren't moving up either if they aren't willing to give up the 18th pick.

Miami IS NOT going to trade down just for the hell of it.

Much like he would fit in with Miami. He'd be their starting quarterback within a year.

Jnaledu3 said:
They will move up, but to the number 3 spot, not the 2.

i thikn so too... basically i see it like this...

smith and edwards are there at two (if this happens cleveland is happy as ****!).. we try to work it with TB but they wont budge, then we can try to bluff minny into thinking we're not gonna take smith but instead edwards and try to persuade them to trade, i think it'll be tough to convince minny to trade with US if smith is there at 2 though... its gonna be interesting...

Jnaledu3 said:
They will move up, but to the number 3 spot, not the 2.

Yes...Saban is going to select Smith....and let Cleveland get the Vikes two first rounders for Edwards. Thats brilliant. Saban wants draft picks...not a QB thats going to sit on a bench.

I wonder if they would be willing to part with their 2nd to get him "IF" Rodgers goes to SF and the Bucs try to move up to our pick? Who is there QB now anyways?

Jnaledu3 said:
Clayton just said that the 49ers realized that they are not going to get a deal done with Smith. So this might make sense.
Where did he say that?

KB21 said:
Miami IS NOT going to trade down just for the hell of it.

Thats for sure. Its amazing how many people on this board are so willing just to throw away the #2.

fishypete said:
Yes...Saban is going to select Smith....and let Cleveland get the Vikes two first rounders for Edwards. Thats brilliant. Saban wants draft picks...not a QB thats going to sit on a bench.

Saban wants value. You want draft picks.

Some of you are just plain hard headed....Saban wants draft picks....he's always said that....he doesn't a QB....and I find it hard you just won't listen to him. At the worst Miami gets a receiver they don't have...a number 1.

I think this is a move to solidfy their position with Rodgers while at the same time increasing pressure on Smith. Smith certainly won't get 'Manning' Money if he's picked at #2 or lower...so he might be more willing to deal with the 49's terms now.

fishypete said:

Going to be tough to get those two first round picks when the aren't being offered.

fishypete said:
49ers | Rodgers Agrees to Parameters of Deal
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:53:20 -0700

Jason Cole and Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/159">NFL Draft prospect QB Aaron Rodgers (California) has agreed to the basic parameters of a contract with the San Francisco 49ers, which hold the No.1 overall draft pick. Rodgers appears likely to accept a deal since there is a strong feeling around the league that he could slip in the first round if he isn't selected among the top two picks. As reported, the 49ers also continue to negotiate with Utah QB Alex Smith.

Not to be negative but he agreed about 2 weeks ago....

Back
Top Bottom