Rodgers Agrees to Parameters of Deal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers Agrees to Parameters of Deal

sports24/7 said:
Where did he say that?

He said it about 10 minutes ago on ESPN. Its nothing really conclusive, but basically it means that they are getting nowhere in their attempts to make a deal with Smith.

Jnaledu3 said:
Saban wants value. You want draft picks.

I guess along with a hearing problem you can't read too well either....just a few days ago Saban stated....as he did a month ago....we need draft picks to fix the problems we have....not a QB that can't play in the NFL.

fishypete said:
I guess along with a hearing problem you can't read too well either....just a few days ago Saban stated....as he did a month ago....we need draft picks to fix the problems we have....not a QB that can't play in the NFL.

Saban has also stated that he knows you need a great quarterback to win in this league.......He has also stated several times that he's willing to move down, but only if it represents value.

There won't be a trade down, because no one is offering what the 2nd pick is worth.

Jnaledu3 said:
Thats for sure. Its amazing how many people on this board are so willing just to throw away the #2.

That's because so many people on this board apparently have no clue how valuable the #2 pick in the draft is. They think "it's just a draft pick". :shakeno:

fishypete said:
Some of you are just plain hard headed....Saban wants draft picks....he's always said that....he doesn't a QB....and I find it hard you just won't listen to him. At the worst Miami gets a receiver they don't have...a number 1.

He will have plenty of draft picks in the 2006,2007,2008,etc. drafts. Why does he have to stock up this year?

FireWrongstedt said:
That's because so many people on this board apparently have no clue how valuable the #2 pick in the draft is. They think "it's just a draft pick". :shakeno:

So just how valuable is it?

If it is that valuable then there must be someone at 2 that is head and shoulders above the rest of the group.

Jnaledu3 said:
He will have plenty of draft picks in the 2006,2007,2008,etc. drafts. Why does he have to stock up this year?

Agreed. We cannot build a superbowl team in one draft..Saban knows this and will draft accordingly. The QB should be the first block of a new foundation here. Smith it looks like. I too think he's giving them a hard time because he wants to play here. :D

Jnaledu3 said:

Since he's the one who said we don't have enough draft picks that we need...I guess you'll have to ask him. Expect the Vikes....Tampa and Washington to be calling soon.

Alex Smith was just on Dan Patrick semi-trashing the Niners, saying he wouldn't want to play for a team that made a decision like this based on finances.

Jnaledu3 said:

People seem to think that because Saban has stated he wants to trade down, he'll just take the "best deal". What people don't seem to understand is that if the deal Saban wants- and ONLY the deal Saban wants- isn't there, we're keeping the pick and taking the BPA. We're not necassarily trading down. We'll do WHAT'S BEST IN THE LONG-TERM INTEREST of the franchise. Whatever that is.

KB21 said:
Saban has also stated that he knows you need a great quarterback to win in this league.......He has also stated several times that he's willing to move down, but only if it represents value.

There won't be a trade down, because no one is offering what the 2nd pick is worth.

But teams say that every year. None of us know what is being offered until draft day. If the trade does not go down we will never know exactly what was offered.

I still remember reading last year that there was no way the Giants were offering enough to get Eli Manning. Yet come draft day, they did.

PhinPhreak said:

If it is that valuable then there must be someone at 2 that is head and shoulders above the rest of the group.

Obviously more than anyone has offered so far. Saban isnt going to budge from the 2 first rounders he wants. That being said i dont think anyone will give up the 2 first rounders to get the #2 overall.

PhinPhreak said:

There is. His name is Braylon Edwards.

fishypete said:
Since he's the one who said we don't have enough draft picks that we need...I guess you'll have to ask him. Expect the Vikes....Tampa and Washington to be calling soon.

I do hope that you are correct...

FireWrongstedt said:
There is. His name is Braylon Edwards.

Agreed....Edwards at least would be productive right from the start....the Dolphins can't afford to pay Smith 5-6 mil to sit....they don't have the cap money for that....especially if they can't trade Surtain.

Back
Top Bottom