Roll call whose going Sunday night? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roll call whose going Sunday night?

Hey bro I tried ...but with tickets the way they are man it'd be over $1,000 for me to go...not in my budget right now ...i got certain things i need to pay first like FPL (power co. For those not in south Florida), Comcast (internet), Rent, Phones, food, car insurance, gasoline for said car, maintenance for car (damn rear brakes are shot), wife's irritating coffee addiction ... you get the picture...so I'll have to see it unfold on TV.

Animation Coffee GIF by Gareth Gallagher

I’ll be watching a pretty cool true crime series during the game on Sunday night, which will be far less disturbing than the final score. So watch horrific stories about murderous psychopaths, or watch Josh Allen murder the Dolphins like a psychopath?

Your choices are more "limited" than mine are. - LOL

Jesus Ray it took you forever to have an actual funny post. But you did it with this one!!
But, but, but Einstein said "time" was relative.
It slows down when you go faster.

My recommendation is that you slow down and enjoy something. - LOL

"Jesus Ray" sounds about right, except that he was actually a distant cousin. - LOL

I live in NJ and fly in for about 5 games a year. Unfortunately I sold this game weeks ago when I assumed I would go to the home playoff game instead.

Well this is what I get for assuming.
Same here. Flew down for 5 games this year from Boston. Sold my tickets to a guy in my row because I assumed I would be flying down the week after for the playoff game. That's what I get for assuming as well

Miami fans will be passive after last week but slowly get into the game if we can get up on them

Too damn expensive for me to make the trek from the Great White North, but I’ll be screaming my face off watching.

Miami fans will be passive after last week but slowly get into the game if we can get up on them
That's what I expect. But it would be a huge boost if the crowd could get fed up with this Bills mafia crap and respond immediately with red zone-type noise, to firmly establish who is the home team. It would stun the viewing audience and potentially energize the team.

That's the same type of dynamic as the Fury of Anti Revenge I have wagered on since 1987. The road team has bloated confidence, under false premise they own the motivational advantage. Then the home team quickly punches them in the mouth with a jolt of reality.

I think we should throw deep early and often. Analytics are still screwed up, IMO. If teams can throw worthless sideline screens all game there's no reason they can't substitute that for 7 or 8 deep balls per game. The return on investment in certain games would be astounding. And once a copycat league saw it happen it would translate everywhere.

There's no way I would attend. Not at these prices. I don't mind inflation so much because it brings value to forefront and totally eliminates former considerations. For example, I don't know how anyone eats at restaurants anymore. It is simply throwing away money, IMO. I look at the menu prices and don't taste or enjoy the food at all. The only thing I can think about is all the vastly superior options for that much money. On a recent 25 day trip I brought all my own food plus a portable cooler and portable freezer. I spent less than $80 on food during the trip and it would have been considerably less than that if I hadn't twice stumbled upon Cici's and couldn't resist.

That's a roundabout way of saying pro games are like restaurant meals, IMO. No semblance of value. I wouldn't pay more than $50 or $60 tops. Two months ago for Michigan at Penn State I paid $180 for a 35 yard line seat at roughly row 15 behind the Michigan bench. That is an investment. It's the highest I have ever paid for a ticket. College games bring all day atmosphere and can define entire eras. It is regional war and bragging rights for a full year. Pro games are one week to the next. On to Cincinnati. Hopefully not Kansas City.

On a flight down to Miami now with a bunch of Bills fans. For what it’s worth, the Bills fans think they are gonna lose too.

Back
Top Bottom