rome is burning | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rome is burning

Jim Rome is a FOOL!

No single player is THE difference with being a winning, .500 or losing team. The aggregate talent level of Offense, Defense and Special Teams (and how it is used) is what ultimately determines where a team ends up. In the NFL, the talent level is as even as it gets in professional sports.

For those of you lamenting Ricky's departure, there is reason for great optimism. Your team was better with Lamar Smith. I'll bet someone will step up and into Ricky's shoes, someone for whom Football will be priority #1.

The heck with Ricky Williams! Time to come in off the ledge.

It's FOOTBALL SEASON. Let's go, baby!

Prime Time said:
I Hate Jim Rome....he thinks he is hott sh1t. Especially when he talks about about Soccer, he does't even know the sport. Everyone listen to me..Don't watch his show, then he can get kicked off for on ratings.

Actually if there is one thing Rome is right about it's soccer................stupid sport. :lol:

Take Manning off the Colts roster. He's only one player. That's what Ricky meant to our offense. We're sunk unless a trade ha[[ens.

Gonzo said:
That guy likes to hear himself talk more than anybody except Howard Stern. Clueless. I love it when the morning guys on the radio station here in Phoenix make fun of him. :roflmao:
Dude, I hate Jim Rome but don't put down my man Howard Stern. He kicks ***. As for our hopes this year, I think we can compete for a wild card.

I think theres a good point to all this we did it without ricky before on our ofense, it gives us all hope and all...I half believe this as a fins fan...But when u look just at the improvements made in our division on defense since the Lamar years I am not sure how optimistic we should be. The Bills D is 100% better than it was back then, the Pats sure have come on as a team over all, and the Jets may have lost a bit but have rebuilt their old d and look to be improved this year. Of course it all depends on what our coaching staff wants to do, cuz we still have plenty of talent on our offense its just a matter of how creative they want to be now that we've lost our work horse RB.

I'm not sure I understand the logic though. It seems like all the people that were criticizing us before for running Ricky too much and making him too big a part of the offense and therefore playing too conservatively (which means everyone, because pretty much all media writers/analysts have said that) are the same people saying that taking Ricky away from us means we won't even be a .500 team.

To me, that seems contradictory. If you're saying Ricky is THAT important to helping us win games how come they were saying that we need to scale down on the run ricky run and make him a smaller part of the offense?

Jim Rome did NOT say that.
The person who said that was San Jose Mercury News columnist Skip Baylas.

#84Fan4Life said:
I have to agree that Jim Rome is a real jackhole. I tried watching his terrible show when it first came on ESPN and I just could not understand his illogical opinions and the way he constantly contradicts himself.The only way I would ever watch that show again is if they really did what the title says and burn Jim Rome over a nice open fire.

It's like watching the boy version of wannabe Oprah in sports. :o

Back
Top Bottom