Romeo in '04? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Romeo in '04?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
643RomeoIn04.jpg

Deplete the enemy while strengthening the team!

he's one of the people i've been mentioning.

i would like to have him...

but like i've said. if we get a defensive minded coach, he has to promise the owner, fans or whoever important that he's gonna fix the offense. he also needs a coordinator

Nope don't want him. I actually hope the Pats keep him. I want to beat them full strength in the playoffs and next season.

Romeo is the best candidate out there and I wouldn't want to hire a coach with prior nfl head coaching experience, he is our best choice and for the lowest amount of money. He fires that defense up all the time and knows a lot about football. Usually these guys do real well once they start with a team.

Why no?? Romeo has got some of that Patriot magic/luck! Maybe he can bring it down here to miami.. Plus, it may give us an edge over our rival.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
Nope don't want him. I actually hope the Pats keep him. I want to beat them full strength in the playoffs and next season.

We would love to see you in the playoffs again, it wouldnt be the first time we beat you 3 times in a season, but you got some work first to take care of. :eek:

Anybody who honestly thinks the real DC in New England isn't Bill Belichik is fooling themselves. That isn't to say that Romeo wont be a good head coach, but I'd like to see the man work without a mastermind at his job "overseeing" the defense.

Does anybody really think Bill Callahan and Monte Kiffin made Oakland's O and Tampa's D work all these years? Of course not, and as soon as the masterminds left their "apprentices" the O and D fell off dramatically.

I fear Romeo is just another Callahan/Kiffin that is along for the ride and wont survive as an ELITE coach when he is on his own.

Some may call me crazy, but remember, this is only the opinion of a half deluded fan/observer.

Give me an offensive guy. I'm tired of all this emphasis on defense. I enjoyed watching the Fins much more when our style was outscore the opponent. I'd love to pair up a great new Q.B. with a sharp offensive minded Head Coach. Mark Trestman/Eli Manning or something like that. We need to broom the current staff. They built this team and screwed up big time with all the cash going to the defensive side of the board. Wannstedt really gambled that Dixon would give him a healthy year and thet Nails would bounce back to his pre injury form and crapped out on both counts. This O-Line has sunk the ship. They just aren't any good and they can't compete against a quality team. I wish I didn't feel this way but I have very little hope that this team will beat the Eagles. The Eagles have talent on both sides of the ball and come at you with an array of blitz packages that I don't see this O-Line handling. If we lose to the Eagles it's pretty much goodbye playoffs. Ask yourselves, when you scrape it all away do we deserve the Playoffs? If we get in are we going anywhere? I live and die for this team and I'm so disappointed in this years product. I must have gone to Dolphin practices about 7 or 8 times in the off-season and to see Rickey, Junior , Sammy Knight, T-Buck along with our great players like Surtain, Zach and J.T. I was very confidant that this team was going to make us very happy and give us alot of thrills and victories. What a wet blanket of a season! Right out of the shoot with a loss to Houston!! I should have smelled it coming. Wannstedt killed us by not getting an O-Line in place during the off-season. Just plain shortsighted and stupid. Very bad call on Derrius Thompson. In my opinion he stinks and couldn't start anywhere in the N.F.L. but here. I still pray that we get on a roll and deliver the promise that was made by Wannstedt that this would be a great year but we're out of chances to throw picks, give up sacks, commit stupid penalties, not get a first down on third and one and we're are down to do or die. It's as simple as that. That's where we are now. Do or die. As fans we deserved a MUCH better team to root for this year. They just keep breaking our hearts. A cornered animal can be dangerous. Let's see what this years Dolphins will do now. I pray they turn it around but I sure wouldn't bet my life on it.

Doesnt defense win championships? Anyway, Wasnt Bellicheck considered just Parcell's do boy for awhile? You never know til you give them a shot.

Crennel seems like a good candidate, but the big question is how much control does he really have? The answer is probably very little. The real DC up there is probably Belichick. Can any of the Pats fans give us an idea of how much control Crennel actually has?

Crennel actually has a lot of input. They're his game plans. He's been with BB for a long time and knows what BB wants to do. Ultimately BB has final say over everything but Crennel is the one calling most of the shots.

Crennel is going to be a very good head coach. I'm not looking forward to losing him. Because of the complexities of our defense, it'll be hard to replace Crennel.

Back
Top Bottom