Romeo in '04? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Romeo in '04?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Crennel seems like a good candidate, but the big question is how much control does he really have? The answer is probably very little. The real DC up there is probably Belichick. Can any of the Pats fans give us an idea of how much control Crennel actually has?

If you believe what the players say and Belichick says, Romeo comes up with the game plan and makes all the defensive calls, and when the players talk they talk about giving Romeo the credit for what they do most of the time. The other point is that Romeo and Bill have been together for many years so when it comes to game planning they think alike on what they are trying to do. Its kind of hard to get a clear read though because Bill Belichick like Bill Parcells wont lest his asst coaches talk to the media, I still dont really know why that is.

I would get on board with Romeo. Anyone that spent that much time in Bill's head is good enough for me. It also makes him very familiar with the Jets as well as the Pats. He is the one the defense has to answer to on Sunday, and every Sunday he gets some 2nd tier athletes on defense to play like they are a bunch of hall of famers. Every week we look at multi millionair play like a guy who should be in the CFL, every week he makes about 6 guys that should be in the CFL play like they should be muti millionairs. Bottom line he gets the most out of his players, we haven't sceen that in a long time on the side line.

Granted he might be using Bill's sytem to do so, but he is the one making the changes when nessacary and pumping these guys up.

Originally posted by chambers84
DENNIS GREEN, DENNIS GREEN, DENNIS GREEN!!!

Wwith the Defense we have in place I'd be in favor of Dennis Green over anybody that has been mentioned.

I think he's going to Atlanta though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell no, No Dennis Green. NO RETREADS! Get someone fresh! Call me gunshy but do not want a coach that was fired for poor performance. Now reports are that Edwards will be gone this year, and if so GET HERM THAT DAY!

By the way Herm isntleaving because of performance, he and management dont get along and Herm wants out, not the other way around. At least what I heard on another board, whether it is true or not I do not know. Have to wait and see.

Word on PFT is that Green is going to Atlanta, Saban's got an eye on Miami, and Coughlin might end up in NO.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Why no?? Romeo has got some of that Patriot magic/luck! Maybe he can bring it down here to miami.. Plus, it may give us an edge over our rival.

Luck never pans out when coming to Miami. it seems as tho folx are hot when coming here, suck while here and then get hot again upon leaving. Or so it seems the last few yrs anyway.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Why no?? Romeo has got some of that Patriot magic/luck! Maybe he can bring it down here to miami.. Plus, it may give us an edge over our rival.

Why not weiss? He gets more from less.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Crennel seems like a good candidate, but the big question is how much control does he really have? The answer is probably very little. The real DC up there is probably Belichick. Can any of the Pats fans give us an idea of how much control Crennel actually has?

One of the biggest misconceptions about Crennel is exactly what people are saying on this board; that Belichick is the one who runs the defense.

BB came out a few weeks ago saying that the defense is all Crennel. As he does with Charlie Weiss, Belichick sits down with them and discusses the offensive and defensive game plan. After that, its up to Weis and Crennel to implement and execute.

All in-game adjustments, schemes and personnel are made by Crennel.

With that said, I believe he will be an excellent HC and wish him well.

No way will this guy be back with the Pats next year.

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
Hey Pat Fans, Who is better in Your Opinion, Crennell or Weis?????

I gotta go with Crennel. I have always believed that to be succesful in the NFL you need to build a strong defense. Crennel has demonstrated he can do that.

Don't get me wrong, Weis is not chopped liver by any means, and his ability to change direction (game plan) during the game is incredible.

I think the Pats lose both of them during the offseason.

Originally posted by PatsFanTX
I gotta go with Crennel. I have always believed that to be succesful in the NFL you need to build a strong defense. Crennel has demonstrated he can do that.

Don't get me wrong, Weis is not chopped liver by any means, and his ability to change direction (game plan) during the game is incredible.

I think the Pats lose both of them during the offseason.

I agree with you. While I'm no expert on the Patriots coaching staff, you do notice that the Patriot defense never really struggles. By that, I mean that there have been times (including this season) where people have second-guessed or questioned Charlie Weiss' gameplan or his thinking in some instances. Not saying he's incapable or anything. Or that anyone should be perfect.

But it seems like people wonder from time to time what he was thinking going into a game. Conversely, the NE defense never gets that kind of criticism. When they lose or fail, it's because they just didn't execute or flat out got beat. But you never hear anyone saying that the gameplan was bad, they didn't adjust, they made poor decisions, etc.

Again, not that it happens with Weiss very much either. But it just happens far less with Crennel/Belichick's defense.

Originally posted by PatsFanTX

One of the biggest misconceptions about Crennel is exactly what people are saying on this board; that Belichick is the one who runs the defense.

BB came out a few weeks ago saying that the defense is all Crennel. As he does with Charlie Weiss, Belichick sits down with them and discusses the offensive and defensive game plan. After that, its up to Weis and Crennel to implement and execute.

All in-game adjustments, schemes and personnel are made by Crennel.

With that said, I believe he will be an excellent HC and wish him well.

No way will this guy be back with the Pats next year.

i don't think it's all Belichek. he has a helluva good staff under him that is the real catalyst. BB couldn't do squat with either Clev or NYJ and now all of a sudden, he's a genius. Always made me wonder.

Back
Top Bottom