Ronnie bashers, remember when...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie bashers, remember when......

finfan32

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I cannot stand all of these people bashing ronnie brown the last couple weeks, i remember this message board before the draft, and how everyone said that brown was going to be a GREAT back but he was a "work in progress". Well he is only two games into his career, is he not still a work in progress? give him time, we knew that cady was going to be a good running back, but from what ive seen watching auburn games and the little bit of ronnie's career, i feel that if we give him time, he will be a premire back.

And just download Nublar's highlight reel from the Carolina game and watch the screen pass in the 4th. That told me all I needed to know about Ronnie. Forget the 58-yard run if you want -- the screen pass has all you need to know.

A work in progress does not justify a #2 pick selection no matter how "talented" a player may be.. You need to select a player that not only is ready to play but at the RB position you need someone who will be at the very least very good. Ronnie is neither..

RLMIAMI said:
A work in progress does not justify a #2 pick selection no matter how "talented" a player may be.. You need to select a player that not only is ready to play but at the RB position you need someone who will be at the very least very good. Ronnie is neither..

You're right, cuz Alex Smith at the #1 overall spot is TEARING up the league right now..........:shakeno:

RLMIAMI said:
Right -- and send me your crystal ball when you're done with it too.

There is a QB drafted #1 overall nearly every year who is a work in progress in NFL terms pal.

shouright said:
And just download Nublar's highlight reel from the Carolina game and watch the screen pass in the 4th. That told me all I needed to know about Ronnie. Forget the 58-yard run if you want -- the screen pass has all you need to know.

where can I find this highlight reel? The game wasn't televised here and the only sportscenter or halftime higlight clips I saw were of Shulters' INT and Mare's GW FG

shouright said:

Weren't you one of the main ones arguing saying that Ronnie Brown scares you because we were trying to trade down?

Agent51 said:
where can I find this highlight reel? The game wasn't televised here and the only sportscenter or halftime higlight clips I saw were of Shulters' INT and Mare's GW FG
Just look for any of Nublar's news threads (he has a link for it in his signature) or PM him.

PhinsPhan said:
Weren't you one of the main ones arguing saying that Ronnie Brown scares you because we were trying to trade down?
I was concerned about the effect of our trying to trade down on his initial level of confidence. I said nothing about how good he was going to be.

RLMIAMI said:

STFU. Your a huge bloody whiner. More then half the first round picks never justify being picked that high. Just be glad that Ronnie's starting to show that he can be a consistent 100 yd a game guy and be glad we don't have a Phillips or that guy the Bears drafted years ago. The draft was weak this past year and using the 'usual' draft philosophy on such is moronic. Any other draft and none of those RB's would have cracked the top 5.

Be glad we don't have a Benson getting barely any carries or an Alex Smith sitting on the bench or the mess the Titans have with Pacman Jones etc.

Mod Edit: Keep it civil...no need to tell anyone to stfu or be rude.

Ronnie Brown has more yardage than standout running backs like Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon, Ahman Green, Priest Holmes, Lamont Jordan, Clinton Portis, Tikie Barber, and Deuce McAllister.

I suppose they suck too? It would be different maybe if Ronnie had failed to really record a breakout game so far, but he did run 132 yards on 23 carries against a Panthers defense that held Corey Dillon to merely 100 yards COMBINED over two games. Give some credit where credit is due. We had THE worst offensive line in the league last year, one of the worst that I've ever seen, and we've basically returned the same cast plus Stockar McPenalty.

these people complaining about brown, always think the grass is greener, look at it for what it is, he is extremly talented, missed some camped, but has shown lots of promise

finfan32 said:
I cannot stand all of these people bashing ronnie brown the last couple weeks, i remember this message board before the draft, and how everyone said that brown was going to be a GREAT back but he was a "work in progress". Well he is only two games into his career, is he not still a work in progress? give him time, we knew that cady was going to be a good running back, but from what ive seen watching auburn games and the little bit of ronnie's career, i feel that if we give him time, he will be a premire back.

We're still posting Ronnie Brown basher threads are we!! Let's get over it!! The bottom line is we don't know how RB will be and we won't until the end of the year. So sit back, relax and stop with the "bashing" threads already!!:yell:

Back
Top Bottom