Ronnie bashers, remember when...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie bashers, remember when......

RLMIAMI said:
A work in progress does not justify a #2 pick selection no matter how "talented" a player may be.. You need to select a player that not only is ready to play but at the RB position you need someone who will be at the very least very good. Ronnie is neither..

so if you seem to know what a team needs to get out of a draft, why aren't you making the choices for an NFL team?

you think Ronnie should be coming in and putting up numbers like 130 yards in every game right away? that would be outstanding. how many 1st round draft picks come in and make an outstanding impact on their team in the first few games? Cadillac, there's 1.....

give me the names of the first round picks that have made at least twice the impact that Ronnie has. the fact is, teams aren't going to draft somebody just because they know they'll do good for a year or so. you need to be looking long-term.

mbmonk said:
Randy Mcmichael has a message to all of you who wrote something bad about Ronnie Brown, and I quote, "Go F*** Yourself".

He said it not me. LMAO

The guy is a wife beater who cares what he has to say.

Jesus, the guy is just fresh off a 134 yard performance, 5.7 ypc and a TD vs. a stout Carolina defense, and people are still whining.

Unbelievable.

Smithboy said:
Jesus, the guy is just fresh off a 134 yard performance, 5.7 ypc and a TD vs. a stout Carolina defense, and people are still whining.

Unbelievable.

I know...what does the kid have to do for people to be happy?

Smithboy said:

Unbelievable.

Exactly, some people will never be satisfied. I think they just want attention or something. Before you know it all these people are gonna be eating their words and hope on the Brown bandwagon again. Sure he may not have as many yards as Caddy but who would with the OLine's performance in the 1st two games. Now that he has a good game, people still aren't happy. :shakeno:

In some people's nature to perpetually complain, unfortunately.

Agent51 said:
You're right, cuz Alex Smith at the #1 overall spot is TEARING up the league right now..........:shakeno:

:lol:

Simply amazing isn't it?
I'm just amazed at the ignorance of some fans.

Martha Stewart......

RLMIAMI said:
A work in progress does not justify a #2 pick selection no matter how "talented" a player may be.. You need to select a player that not only is ready to play but at the RB position you need someone who will be at the very least very good. Ronnie is neither..

Perhaps you missed the Carolina game? Ronnie is ready to contribute right now in this league, thats all you can ask of a rookie.

I think you need to review the rest of the draft as well as past drafts, you seem to have a delusions about the success rate of rookies.

RLMIAMI said:
Common sense primarily. If Ronnie was a work in progress then draft him as a work in progress not a NFL ready player... Why the F is it so hard for people to understand that ??

:lol:

When are you going to post the common sense part?

RLMIAMI said:
Notice I mentioned RB not QB.. :confused:

OK, how bout Cedric Benson.
Some had him rated at the number 1 pick for value.
Well.... is he a bust too?

RLMIAMI said:

WEll obvious the preseason has some use.... Ronnie isn't a work in progress, hes already ran for 132 yards on a very good D, proven he can break long runs with ease, work well outta the backfield, block, and hold the ball. He's caugh tup now, that dont mean hes gunna run for 150 every week, but he's really gunna get comfortable when ricky gets back.

Ronnie Brown has loads of talent, and is as well rounded/versatile as it gets.

It's not his fault, nor is it Miami's, that the current NFL market for a #2 overall pick is what it is.

The pick made sense.

RLMIAMI said:
This guy is only here to stir it up, don't give him the time of day. He is no fan

People simply expect a lot from a #2 overall pick, especially one with the potential to be the best RB in Miami history. We just don't have experience with getting this type of player, because we are usually at least 8-8 and don't get a shot at them in the draft. Who was the last Miami player to be drafted that turned out being "all world" - Marino?

For every "Ronnie sucks" opinion, there are plenty of homers who think any criticism of any Miami player is grounds for "banning", along with not being a "true fan", etc, etc.

In reality, we just don't know yet about this guy. However, being the #2 overall pick, people will stick him under the microscope week after week (some justified, some not).

Concluding after the 1st 2 games that he was a bust is just as bad as the people claiming after game 3 that he is clearly a stud and not a bust. Or those who think the 58yd run shows that he is for real. We just don't know yet.

Remember Sammie Smith (9th overall)? He had a 100yd game right off the bat. He also had a "great" 2yd run in the 90 playoff against KC on a KEY 4th and 1 in the second half. Hit behind the line, he powered through the defender for a 1st down. At that time, everyone thought he just might be the all-world stud. A year later, he was booed out of town on chants of "Sammie sucks", because he kept fumbling at the goal line.

Things can (and will) change quickly. I know everyone here hopes Ronnie will be terrific. Whether they think it or not, will change as he gains more yards and TDs.

Back
Top Bottom