Ronnie Brown at 2

KillerJosh373

Starter
Joined
Apr 8, 2002
Messages
215
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Location
Boca
I think this is the worst draft scenerio for the Fins. Wouldnt most people be dissapointed if Saban just stayed at #2 and took Ronnie Brown? RBs fall on draft day and any of the so called "2nd tier" RBs like Frank Gore could be just as good as the top RBs. I think if Saban stays at 2 Smith, Edwards,Rolle, or Williams would be a better value then any of the RBs. At worst case scenerio we can get a decent back with the pick we get for Surtain or with our pick in the 3rd rd.
I wouldnt mind though if we traded back with Tampa and picked up say their 2nd rd. pick and took Brown with their pick and Jason Campbell or Charlie Frye with the 2nd.
But thats just my opinion
 

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
13,501
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
Long Beach, Ca
Rolle would be a horrible pick at #2 imo. If we stay at #2 Id MUCH rather see us take any of the RBs over Edwards. I can understand taking Smith at #2 if we stay there though. I also dont think the 2nd tier players, especially Gore, would be as good as the top tier rbs.
 

fincane

Rookie
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
I couldn't disagree more. You can only do what is allowed. Saban can't force trades to go through. Brown fits a huge need and his skills fit what people expect Linehan to input in terms of an offensive scheme. Go back to the Edge and RW draft, what 2nd tier back from that draft is or was as good as those guys. Go get your guy at #2.
 

Keebler229

Rookie
Joined
Jun 14, 2004
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
only problem i have with Gore is his medical history. whos to say hes not going to blow out his knee in the preseason like boston did? just because he had one healthy season at Miami in his last year doesn't make me a believer. I have a problem trusting injury prone players.
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,688
Reaction score
0
I'm not sold on Rolle over Pac-Man so at CB I'd really leave it to Saban but only if we were to trade down to 5 and pick up a second worthy to get J.J. Arrington.
 

MNicholas

Scout Team
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
fincane said:
I couldn't disagree more. You can only do what is allowed. Saban can't force trades to go through. Brown fits a huge need and his skills fit what people expect Linehan to input in terms of an offensive scheme. Go back to the Edge and RW draft, what 2nd tier back from that draft is or was as good as those guys. Go get your guy at #2.
Very well said. I can not think of one running back in that draft that is even in the league of Edge or RW. I think Brown is going to be a great running back. He has all the tools.
 

Keebler229

Rookie
Joined
Jun 14, 2004
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
HysterikiLL said:
I'm not sold on Rolle over Pac-Man so at CB I'd really leave it to Saban but only if we were to trade down to 5 and pick up a second worthy to get J.J. Arrington.
I totally agree, i still like Pac Man over Rolle. All this hype about Rolle is killing me. and J.J. would be a nice 2nd round RB if we could pick him up
 

FaninPatsyLand

Welcome to Fenway
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
2,845
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
I just read an article on ESPN Insider stating that Saban is looking into the possibility of trading a 2006 First Rounder to either the Colts or Seahawks in exchange for James or Alexander.

If this is the case then it would make sense to go with Alex Smith at 2, but again take this for what it is worth. No one has any idea what is going to go down.
 

fincane

Rookie
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
The hype with Rolle has do with his ability to dominate in different ways. He's a great run support guy, and he's big enough to move to safety. His pedigree, being a Cane DB helps also. Everyone hypes Jones return ability, but Rolle when given the opportunity was a great returner as well. The Canes had Parrish and Hester to those things, so his opportunity were diminshed.
 

Joey 22

Second String
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,447
Reaction score
0
FaninPatsyLand said:
I just read an article on ESPN Insider stating that Saban is looking into the possibility of trading a 2006 First Rounder to either the Colts or Seahawks in exchange for James or Alexander.

If this is the case then it would make sense to go with Alex Smith at 2, but again take this for what it is worth. No one has any idea what is going to go down.
That would suck though.
 

FaninPatsyLand

Welcome to Fenway
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
2,845
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Joey 22 said:
That would suck though.
I like Alex Smith, I think he's going to be a very good player in this league. But again, with a better supporting cast I think Feeley could do the job for us.

I don't know what I want, the way I'm looking at it.. it's a win-win situation for the Miami Dolphins, can't get any worse than last year when we hit rock bottom.
 

Joey 22

Second String
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,447
Reaction score
0
FaninPatsyLand said:
I like Alex Smith, I think he's going to be a very good player in this league. But again, with a better supporting cast I think Feeley could do the job for us.

I don't know what I want, the way I'm looking at it.. it's a win-win situation for the Miami Dolphins, can't get any worse than last year when we hit rock bottom.
Although I dont like Smith I meant trading next years first for a washed up RB sucks.
 
Top Bottom