Ronnie Brown Q | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown Q

He has a great combo of speed and size and can catch the ball. Plus, he doesn't say anything stupid.

Ross said:
I like him because Miami drafted him...

That's where I am, Ross. I don't think he'll be elusive enough to be great, but I'll root like heck to be wrong. Sometimes college players burst to a new level in the NFL and display moves and athletic arrogance that was concealed in college. Usually that's reserved for younger players, early entrees, but who knows?

FuturePhin said:
This is for all the Ronnie Brown fans out there. What makes you like him?? Besides he has great speed and hands, what specific thing really makes you like him? Top plays etc. When I see him, I see big holes where he runs and then he runs people over in the secondary and for top plays...I really dont see any that makes me go wow. Am I wrong?? Did I miss a few games where he did do something special? The guy reminds me alot of JJ Johnson imo. Jmo though.

JJ Johnson?
Please.

Here's what I love about Ronnie Brown. VERSATILITY. You don't have to take him out on 3rd down because he can block and catch. Best hands of any college RB I've seen this year. He's a back that can run between the tackles AND bounce it outside when he has to. Not many can do that. He has great character. He's humble. Wants to get better. Takes care of his body. Is a beast in the weight room. Very coachable. Great guy to have in the locker room. VERSATILITY is what makes him the best back of this draft. While some can do some of the things he does. NONE can do ALL that he does.

Want more?

Comparing him to JJ Johnson is like comparing Michael Jordan to John Starks.

lol@besides his speed and his hands like those 2 things aren't enough...

but figure jamal lewis size/power with LT speed... maybe not the most elusive, but can cut back and can shake a guy out his jock, not only does he have good hands but he can run routes very well... good blocker, team first guy... doesnt fumble, can break the long one as well as get that 4th and 1... just the complete package...

I looked at the highlight reels and didn't see much in them outside of a nice down field catch. I have seen him perform in games, and I have no doubt about his ability, I only hope it translates to similar success (projected success?) at this level.

FuturePhin said:
This is for all the Ronnie Brown fans out there. What makes you like him?? Besides he has great speed and hands, what specific thing really makes you like him? Top plays etc. When I see him, I see big holes where he runs and then he runs people over in the secondary and for top plays...I really dont see any that makes me go wow. Am I wrong?? Did I miss a few games where he did do something special? The guy reminds me alot of JJ Johnson imo. Jmo though.

Here's a quote from a player who actually played against him (On what it was like to try to tackle Ronnie Brown) – “Ronnie is a load, he is a real load. He is one of the best running backs we faced. He is the best running back we faced all season and since I have been in college. He just brings so much to the table. He’s a threat all around the board. He can run out of the backfield and catch deep balls on you. He can run up the middle, run over you, shake you, run past you, so a guy like that is hard to account for. It’s great to have him on my team now.â€Â- Daniels..

Here's another quote- "I'd like for everybody to know that we’re absolutely thrilled with the opportunity that we had to pick Ronnie Brown today as the Number 2 player in the NFL draft. Obviously this guy is a great person. He’s a great competitor. He’s got tremendous versatility as a running back. We thought he had the best speed, the best hands and also the most power of any player that we could pick at his position or just about any other position. So we’re excited. We’re very pleased. Also, I think that the addition of this player, Ronnie Brown, is going to be able to complement the players that we have on our team right now. With the situation that we inherited here on offense, I think this is a significant runner who has tremendous versatility as a receiver, as a blocker and as guy that you can use in and out of the backfield. Not only does he know how to play with another significant running back, which he’s done in college, because of his versatility he can be used with somebody else. He can also be a work horse type of guy that can be a very productive runner. His yards per carry were the highest of anybody available. I’ve got first hand knowledge playing against this guy, he put half of our defensive team in the training room for a week every time we played him. So we’re very pleased and happy to have the opportunity to select this guy. I think it was the best, the best fit for us and I think it was the best player available to us. And we’re very excited about the opportunity to have this quality, this caliber a person and player join our organization."

Ronnie's versality, power, speed, hands, blocking, and the ability to make people miss, is what made me fall in love with his game..

On Oct. 19th 2002 in his first break out game (Cadillac broke his leg after the first quarter), in 3 quarters time against FL Gators in the SWAMP in front of my eyes, he carried 22-163 yards, and had a 26 yd TD reception. He was running over everybody. We had 8-9 man fronts and we could not stop him.

I was thinking Who in the hell is this guy! I like him now.

beejay05 said:
Have you seen Brown play? He might not be as shifty as some of the smaller guys, but to say he has hardly any moves in nuts. The kid is the total package. Size, speed, attitude, cathing ability, blocking ability, need I say versatility. nothing personal, but I can believe how many times I have had to defend this kid. He is clearly the best player in the draft.

Man, between everyone saying he would be a 2nd round pick in last years draft, and why was he the best back in the draft, and why he never started, it just pisses me off. Thank you for at least helping me out with the truth quiet some of these people up. I feel he is the best player in this draft.

arsenal said:
go watch the highlights at http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl next to his name the little camera, this shows hes got some elusiveness and good agility...

Thats the best never before seen highlights that I've seen. The ones on ESPN blowed and I never had an opportunity to watch the majority of Auburns games, so between the highlights that I saw before this, and some of the games, being stright ahead the majority of the time, I took him as a stright ahead runner. NOw I see those highlights, I can deff. see that he has some moves and that missed alot! Not Barry Sanders like...(like who is), but moves that can work. I like the pick even more now. Good insight guys. Thanks for convincing me.

I like several things about him: His versatility as a Runner/pass receiver; his unselfishness in splitting time in the Auburn backfield; the fact that he and Cadillac both really came through with big plays in big games; his great speed and power.

But, most of all I liked the fire I saw in him as I watched him play at Auburn. The intensity he showed both during and at the end of some of his plays was very impressive to me.

I love intense football players - guys like Zach, JT, Bua, etc. I think we need that intensity on offense. Someone who will make a big block or run over a guy and be excited about getting into the endzone - not just a prima donna reaction - but excitement over a big play and beating the opponent. Ronnie Brown has that.

Ronnie is the man

FuturePhin said:

Ronnie is a team player. The way that he and Carnell fed off each other was nothing short of amazing. Ronnie will be very successful in the pros, you can mark that down. He is a very determined runner, and when he gets fired up it will take 5 or 6 guys to bring him down.

FuturePhin said:
I said his size and speed and catching ability were good, and I have seen him play. Just look at his highlight reals. Did he really do anything to say wow about?? Im not saying Im against the pick because god knows we needed a running back, but Im just looking for more opinions about him. I just dont know why everybody was so high on him and Im just looking to find out :)

He avg. more yards per carry or reception than Caddy who had many wow plays. I many of times watch him run through, around, and over many SEC defenses.

Back
Top Bottom