Rosen Closing In But... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen Closing In But...

marino13zach54

Always Be Closing
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Great to hear the reports coming out about Rosen. It seems that Fitz is still getting the benefit of the doubt, though.

I'm gonna root for both these guys. As much as I hate the idea of sitting Rosen, if Fitz is the guy, so be it.

You have to admit, though, if Rosen doesn't get significant snaps with the first team at the very least in preseason, it's going to be very disheartening as it pertains to the new regime.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ikely-to-start-preseason-opener-for-dolphins/

I’ve been one of those who has said that if Rosen can’t beat out Fitz for the job, then he shouldn’t have it handed to him. HOWEVER; if we’re at the point where there’s a genuine debate about which one is the better QB...you start Rosen.

From what I understand, Fitz is the starter tomorrow night; but that also means that Rosen will see more snaps.

Last edited:
I'm curious if anyone knows how Rosen was during his rookie training camp... before he was getting killed during the regular season... maybe @ckparrothead or @DKphin or another of our guys we rely on for info knows

Were they saying positive things?... did they think he was ready?

I’ve been one of those who has said that if Rosen can’t beat out Fitz for the job, then he shouldn’t have it handed to him. HOWEVER; if we’re at the point where there’s a genuine debate about which one is the better QB at this point...you start Rosen.

From what I understand, Fitz is the starter tomorrow night; but that also means that Rosen will see more snaps.

Tie should definitely go to the runner.

I still say trading a 2 for Rosen should've automatically handed him the job. Fitz is a back-up QB and if Rosen were to **** the bed, then we have a pretty decent back-up waiting in the wings.

so PFT says the gaps narrowed or Rosen is pulling ahead, all our experts say that rosen is garbage pretty much. i dunno i guess i should go with the guys who've seen every practice but kind of want to believe the guys who have zero reason to be bias about whos playing better. but also i know that rosen has preston williams on that 2nd team and he's throwing against second teamers. but whos to say he doesnt try to pick on whoever plays opposite of X...especially if somehow preston gets first teams reps with him :-) one more days fellas and we'll have football and can start seeing with our own damn eyes~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F----------------------------------k yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's all part of the plan. This staff is pushing Rosen by not giving him one inch, they are going to make him earn everything.
The staff wants him to win the job, but with the first meaningful games over a month away, there is no reason to anoint him yet. Let him keep chasing the starter job, and let the team see how hard he's working for it.

Rosen can prove it tomorrow he will get most of the game I believe. We dont need to see Ruddock until the 4th cuz we know he sucks. I think Fitzpatrick gets the 1st. Rosen 2nd aand 3rd then Ruddock garbage time in the 4th

one more days fellas and we'll have football and can start seeing with our own damn eyes~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F----------------------------------k yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen, brother. It’s nerve-racking and exciting.

Let’s all pray to whatever deity you believe in or don’t that even if we look bad, we come out of the preseason injury free.

i have been very anti-Rosen's ability but I do feel he closed the gap between him and Fitz this week.

As someone said, I do think Rosen is seeming better than he actually might be because of Preston Williams and their rapport together.

Tomorrow's game will be telling.

The guy who isn’t starting should get more reps, so perhaps that’s a good thing.

Rosen will start at some point probably after the bye week unless Fitzpatrick has us winning which is very unlikely do the brutal schedule we have. I can't imagine they don't want to see what he has to offer prior to a draft especially if we're losing a lot.

I would rather see Rosen and Williams being given very slow, deliberate and critical paths to starting by the staff and constantly improving once they get on the field than handed a job and watch them regress and fail.

Honestly, this is the only chance this staff has to get Rosen poised and prepared they way they want. In my mind, they should treat him like a rookie. Make him earn every stripe. Tear him down and build him up in their image.

They have one chance to get this Rosen experiment right. Even if it takes him 8 games to get on the field. Once he does get there we will see everything he has to offer and can make a legit eval.

In my mind, the more incubating time they spend critiquing him the more informed their decision will be.

This is not about him getting playing time. This is our staff evaluating him as a Franchise QB. If he can't even get on the field then you have your answer.

We have one shot at this kid. Take all the time needed and stick to a plan.

Had Bledsoe not got injured, who knows how long Brady would have been waiting.

There is no formula to predict his success. But there are metrics this staff wants to see for him to take the next step. They know what they want. Trust their judgement.

He will get a lot of snaps in the PS games but that also means he will play with the 2nd team and behind a dreadful OL. Preston Williams has been talked about a lot but from what I hear, he is still inconsistent so that may not help Rosen all that much.

With Drake and Ballage seemingly splitting carries with the first team, the second team RB will be Walton or Gaskin.

I would like to see him get some snaps with the first team but I'm sure Flores is already thinking about that.

Back
Top Bottom