Rosen: Positives/negatives... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen: Positives/negatives...

I mean he's not a statute. I've seen him move around. He feels the pocket a lot better than Tannehill. He doesn't kill drives by holding the ball too long and take unnecessary sacks. Rosen can throw a deep ball. Just don't expect a rocket. Tannehill overthrew his WRs on the deep ball originally while Rosen's deep ball can hang some times. I was just saying that it's not his greatest strength. It's not a huge weakness either. Tannehill improved his mechanics over the years, but Rosen will be more polished as he progresses. Tannehill was pretty accurate, but he can't throw his WRs open like Rosen can. Rosen can put 400+ yards on a defense and make game changing plays while Tannehill struggled with that.

Tannehill would be better right now only because he played for 7 years, but Rosen has a higher ceiling.

Keep in mind the Tannehill you speak of doesn’t exist anymore.

Tannehill had pretty medicore ball placement for the first 35 games of his career. It was the Oakland game in 2014 when you saw much improved accuracy going forward.

Honestly, Rosen is superior in almost all facets except Ryan is more comfortable when he is on the move. Problem with that is Ryan was slow in improvising on when to move out of the pocket to show off that strength. Everything had to be directed . . . .again, he was very robotic.

Rosen certainly needs a good line in front of him but that doesn’t mean it has to be all first rounders or even day 2 guys. Get quality guys that can function together as an unit and you have the blindside rock in the building already. This doesn’t have to be that difficult.

Jus don’t be dreadful on the OLine.

Keep in mind the Tannehill you speak of doesn’t exist anymore.

Tannehill had pretty medicore ball placement for the first 35 games of his career. It was the Oakland game in 2014 when you saw much improved accuracy going forward.

Honestly, Rosen is superior in almost all facets except Ryan is more comfortable when he is on the move. Problem with that is Ryan was slow in improvising on when to move out of the pocket to show off that strength. Everything had to be directed . . . .again, he was very robotic.

Rosen certainly needs a good line in front of him but that doesn’t mean it has to be all first rounders or even day 2 guys. Get quality guys that can function together as an unit and you have the blindside rock in the building already. This doesn’t have to be that difficult.

Jus don’t be dreadful on the OLine.

Agreed

When Omar doesn't like somebody, he'll push a media narrative and go on and on. He's a beat writer with an agenda. I wasn't the biggest fan of Tannehill, but Omar was annoying about him.
Agreed 100%. Going to be I interesting to see the locker room interaction with those two.

When Omar doesn't like somebody, he'll push a media narrative and go on and on. He's a beat writer with an agenda. I wasn't the biggest fan of Tannehill, but Omar was annoying about him.

Omar spent the last two weeks guaranteeing Miami would not consider Josh Rosen and that he was available for 2 months at a 3rd round pick and nobody bit.

He is often wrong with an over inflated opinion but I think his complete whiff on the Rosen scent might be his finest work. They absolutely were interested and Arizona wanted a first . . . all the way up to when pick 32 was selected.

Armando too . . . .no more Tannenbaum with his snake azz feeding tidbits and these guys lose all the shine they think they had.

Omar spent the last two weeks guaranteeing Miami would not consider Josh Rosen and that he was available for 2 months at a 3rd round pick and nobody bit.

He is often wrong with an over inflated opinion but I think his complete whiff on the Rosen scent might be his finest work. They bsolutelymeere interested and Arizona wanted a first . . . all the way up to when pick 32 was selected.

Armando too . . . .no more Tannenbaum with his snake azz feeding tidbits and these guys lose all the shine they think they had.

We have the worst beat writers down here. I'm looking for news and insight. Instead we get agendas and whining. Armando keeps pushing the tank narrative, but then gets mad when we make a move that will make us bad. He feasts on negativity. I usually like Barry Jackson, but when he dislikes a player like Rosen he'll post multiple articles about how awful the player is like he pissed in his cereal. And Omar is Omar.

We have the worst beat writers down here. I'm looking for news and insight. Instead we get agendas and whining. Armando keeps pushing the tank narrative, but then gets mad when we make a move that will make us bad. He feasts on negativity. I usually like Barry Jackson, but when he dislikes a player like Rosen he'll post multiple articles about how awful the player is like he pissed in his cereal. And Omar is Omar.
Omar took delight on twitter to repost Steve Smith's rant about Rosen's unfriending on social media and acting like a professional. I responded by asking him if it were the same Steve Smith who "professionally" sucker punched a teammate breaking his jaw. *crickets*

Yeah, wish he would have went to the athletic with Perk too. Haha

Needs time in pocket and a decent line, that theme sounds familiar. If only - it was semi easy to straighten out that line....

Needs time in pocket and a decent line, that theme sounds familiar. If only - it was semi easy to straighten out that line....

If only, right?

And get ready for a LOT of tight end usage. It's time for Gesicki and Smythe to make that next step.

TEs were Rosen's best friend at UCLA and with a porous line, you need quick passing options.

Omar complains that the Raiders got Antonio Brown for a 3rd rounder so the Dolphins' trade for Rosen is awful. But he fails to mention that the Raiders are also taking on his giant contract while Arizona is paying most of Rosen's contract. Plus we have a 5th year option.

And Steve Smith's rant was so unfounded and ridiculous. I can't believe anyone would praise that. Of course Omar did.

Back
Top Bottom