Rosen: Positives/negatives... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen: Positives/negatives...

Pros: Smart, good arm, 1 year experience
Cons: Slow reading progression, late delivery, immobile
This is his year to prove that he is either a really good back up or a really good starter.

He wasn’t slow reading progression at UCLA.

That ball came out on time and with top shelf placement.

Has to be coverage read indecision or lack of familiarity with the o id say.

Unless he just never saw complex coverages at UCLA which I don’t buy.

Positives.... Armando, Omar and CK hate the trade.
Forget about the other 2 douches but haven’t heard CK slate the trade yet..but I’m not on Twitter. If he did, that’s interesting, as I think it was good value and no risk high reward business which signified a maturity in our draft room which has been missing for years. Personally, I thought CK, whos opinion I respect wholeheartedly, would be on board with that.

He wasn’t slow reading progression at UCLA.

That ball came out on time and with top shelf placement.

Has to be coverage read indecision or lack of familiarity with the o id say.

Unless he just never saw complex coverages at UCLA which I don’t buy.

NFL game has to slow down for him, I think that was the main problem, compounded by constant pressure.

He throws a very catchable ball, one of the nicest, tightest spirals Ive seen in a while.

Yeah I think his game is a great fit for a pre snap progression read based o. But of course you got to protect that kind of qb.
The left side of the line is shaping up. The biggest concern is right tackle. I know Davis can play there and that's probably what's going to happen for 2019 anyway. I've been scouring the prospects that are still available and I don't think there's a viable RT left in this draft. Still some interior players that I like, including the center at Ohio State Michael Jordan and Dru Samia from Oklahoma. Don't know if either will make it to round five.

The left side of the line is shaping up. The biggest concern is right tackle. I know Davis can play there and that's probably what's going to happen for 2019 anyway. I've been scouring the prospects that are still available and I don't think there's a viable RT left in this draft. Still some interior players that I like, including the center at Ohio State Michael Jordan and Dru Samia from Oklahoma. Don't know if either will make it to round five.

That is my biggest gripe with the draft so far. Love Wilkins, but if we were taking Rosen we should have invested in the oline there rather than DT.

I think everyone should read Barry Jackson's article on Josh Rosen. After reading the facts as he states in the article, I'm betting opinion on Rosen will start to sour.

I watched about 12 throws. Already seen enough to suggest he’s an upgrade.

That is my biggest gripe with the draft so far. Love Wilkins, but if we were taking Rosen we should have invested in the oline there rather than DT.
You do realize that would require knowledge of the future?

You don't/can't base your rd1 pick on something that may, or may not pan out later.

I think everyone should read Barry Jackson's article on Josh Rosen. After reading the facts as he states in the article, I'm betting opinion on Rosen will start to sour.
Meh, Barry is OK, but not the savant he thinks he is.

The "unbiased" national media types are almost unanimous in thier praise of the Fins draft so far.

He's a pure pocket passer plain and simple. His mechanics are great .He's extremely accurate on short and intermediate passes. Just don't expect a rocket arm like a Haskins. He can under throw his deep balls. If he gets a pocket he can be dangerous. He's VERY smart. I said this before he was drafted. He was arguably the most pro ready QB going into that draft. One of the best things he does is he knows how to throw his WRs open. He can fit it in a tight window. He stands strong in the pocket and doesn't panic. He keeps his eyes downfield. He's mobile enough to elude pressure in the pocket, but don't expect him to outrun anybody. Overall, If we protect him, he could shine.

I think the attitude thing is overblown. My concerns are that he needs to read defenses better, but if he's smart that could be coached. His deep balls aren't the greatest. Some times he can play hero ball too much. He's not great on the run. He had durability concerns in college.

Basically Rosen struggles when he doesn't get a pocket like other QBs. If he is forced to be on the move, he's significantly worse. If he gets time, he's dangerous.
So doesn't Tom Brady ;)

You do realize that would require knowledge of the future?

You don't/can't base your rd1 pick on something that may, or may not pan out later.

I know it wasnt 100% guaranteed, but they knew before the draft they were targeting him. Its not like the opportunity presented itself after we had already made our pick.

I know it wasnt 100% guaranteed, but they knew before the draft they were targeting him. Its not like the opportunity presented itself after we had already made our pick.

I doubt it was more than 50/50.

IMO, the Fins don't make the deal if NO doesn't offer the trade down opportunity. That made the difference.

Back
Top Bottom