Rosenhaus "working it" for Freeman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosenhaus "working it" for Freeman

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...eb11,0,1412344.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

You've got to scroll down the page for the article.

There is no way Freeman starts in 2004. Sammy Knight was the difference in our rush defense this year. That may sound weird but it's true. He was simply awesome in run support and didn't do to bad in pass coverage I might add.

Rosenhaus is "working it" but I don't see Freeman projected to start next year.

He did not show any big play skills as a starter and gets toasted in the nickle and dime, or gets called for pass interference. He can leave, I'd rather stick w/ Brock and some of our younger guys than promise him a starters job to re-sign. Knight was amazing against the run and played well against the pass. I thought Brock was a bigger liablity than Knight this year. The team does like Y. Bell a lot , that's from Jason Cole.

why in the world they wanna restructure tim bowens, he makes $2.25 million this coming season, and i feel he deserves any penny of that, he was very good last season in clogging up the middle, the games he has missed our running d suffered right away,

problem is hes always hurt.. and tim agreed to restructure, and even take a pay cut, so why wouldnt we. we need all the help we can get

Timbo's knees have always given him some problems. But after 10 seasons, I'd imagine they're starting to really hurt.

That said, Timbo has only missed five games his entire career. Three of which came this year (which is why he started really pondering retirement).

As for Freeman, if he were to start, it'd be at FS. I really don't think there should be any talk of him possibly replacing Knight.

Freemans going to have to wait his turn, Brocks not done yet! I want to see what he has at FS too, but its just not his time!

Brock Marion and/or Sammy Knight c/b cap cuts

see http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29724
Clearing cap space: The Dolphins will rid themselves of almost $6 million by releasing Brian Griese before he is slated to collect a $5.94 million roster bonus. Other players who probably won't be collecting scheduled roster bonuses include free safety Brock Marion ($500,000), center Tim Ruddy ($500,000), wide receiver Derrius Thompson ($400,000) and right guard Todd Perry ($250,000).

Veteran players who risk being released because of their high base salaries include wide receiver James McKnight ($1.8 million) and strong safety Sammy Knight ($1.25 million plus a $300,000 roster bonus). Cornerback Jamar Fletcher ($855,000) and tackle Mark Dixon ($600,000 plus a $100,000 bonus) also could be gone after failing to make significant contributions in 2003.

I hope not. I like having the best secondary in football. Re-structure Marion's deal and Madison's and we are good to go with the secondary. I would hate to see it be broken up but that is the NFL these days :(

We dont have the best secondary in the NFL. We have the most overrated secondary in the NFL. We're not getting a top performance out of them. Go look at how many yards per game they gave up. Go look at how many touchdowns they gave up.

Knight should stay, IMO. Marion is not a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Originally posted by Disgustipate

Knight should stay, IMO. Marion is not a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Totally agree. Knight was a perfect fit. There were a few growing pains early in the season adjusting to his new team, but it didnt take long for him to make an impact. Knight is a ballhawk and a hitter.
Marion was the weakest link. How he made the Pro Bowl, I do not know. Most of the time the secondary blew it, Marion was at fault. I can live without him as long as we bring back Arturo to take his place.

Keeping B. Marion is a joke IMO. He's too old, and far too slow to keep up with the WR's of today. He got toasted all season long, and although he's suppose to be the deepest guy on the field, we're always getting beat deep for some reason. Some of the biggest losses in 2003 came at the hands of B. Marion....

The Texans loss was huge, and he along with S. Madison were torched by a rookie WR on that day....

The Pats game was even bigger. He was toasted once again by an 80 yard Brady bomb to T. Brown!!!....

Those two plays alone ended up being fatal blows on our season...

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

And u know Brock was the weakest link because....................?

Watchin the games on t.v. or on tape doesnt give u enough info for who was at fault. Although Im sure Brock had his brain farts, sometimes the scheme and what the offense shows dictates who's at fault, not the channel 2 announcers!

We should just trade Marion while he's still worth something. He did make it to the PB this year for some odd reason, so there may a team dumb enough to give us a 5th or 6th rounder for him...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Come on now Blitz, thats a little harsh. Fatal blows? Had Brock been playing it safe all day long being the deepest man every play, theres far less chance for him to make a play! Houston did the 123 throw all day. Give the man a break. No pass rush in those games is what killed us!

Back
Top Bottom