Rosenhaus "working it" for Freeman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosenhaus "working it" for Freeman

Brock Marion is a disgrace to the Phinz uniform IMO....

Get him out of Miami ASAP is my motto. If we can get something decent {5th / 6th} for him, good. If not, no big deal. The guy is simply not that good to begin with. He never has been IMO....

All I ever see him doing is chasing WR's down the field. When he should be there making the tackle, the WR is already 10 yards beyond his reach...

Our secondary got a very painful wake-up call this year. They got beat repeatedly, and not just beaten, they got toasted!!!!

How about the opening play against the Eagles??...Pinkston for 60!!!!

No thanks, I'll take A. Freeman over B. Marion. He can't do any worse IMO, and would be a much cheaper as well...

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Umm actually Freeman can do worse. He gets burned even more, misses tackles, and does not get INTs, or FFs or anything. So yes he can be worse. BTW, this was our team's first year in a Zone Defense, so give the whole secondary another year and see how we do.

Blitz our D was tied w/Dal for the #2 D in pts scored - which is really the only stat that matters. We gave up some passing yards because our run D was so incredible most of the time. Brock and Knight are great run support Ss; and somewhat weak in coverage. But as I like to say: would you rather be like SD and have Jerry Wilson as your starting FS or Brock ??? look where that got SD

good point, although we may not love Brock....who else is out there that could replace him (I don't know?).....unless we could get someone like Sean Taylor (UM Safety) in the draft cheaper, and he's projected to go about #6 to the Lions......so who's up in FA.....?

hopefully Brock and his 22 kids will not want to move and he will re-do his deal as needed to play the rest of his career in Mia. He is not perfect, but I cannot think of any FS that I want man on man ag any decent WR

After what Rosenhaus did for Willis McGhinest......although I believe what he says I don't put much faith into it., if that makes any sense. He's a great agent and does what he is supposed to do really well.....get his players and him the best deals he can.

Re: Rosenhaus "working it" for Freeman

Originally posted by ZOD
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...eb11,0,1412344.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

You've got to scroll down the page for the article.

There is no way Freeman starts in 2004. Sammy Knight was the difference in our rush defense this year. That may sound weird but it's true. He was simply awesome in run support and didn't do to bad in pass coverage I might add.

Rosenhaus is "working it" but I don't see Freeman projected to start next year.

Freeman should be given a chance to start, and that's at FS. Marion to me should be let go, and they should bump Freeman up to starting FS. This guy was VERY good in 2001 when he played FS, but he sucked at SS in 2002. He's a natural FS that was playing out of position, that's all.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Umm actually Freeman can do worse. He gets burned even more, misses tackles, and does not get INTs, or FFs or anything. So yes he can be worse.

That's not true at all. You put Brock Marion at SS and let's see how much he sucks. Freeman is a natural FS, and you're basing your views on how he did at SS.

I guarantee you that each and every one of you on this board wanted Freeman to start in 2002, after his play in 2001. The original idea was that Freeman started at FS, and Brian Walker was brought back to play SS. Unfortunately, Walker got overpaid by Detroit, and we LOST out on Tony Parrish. In that case, Marion was brought back and Freeman was forced to play out of position.

Give the guy a chance to flourish at his NATURAL position.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Umm actually Freeman can do worse. He gets burned even more, misses tackles, and does not get INTs, or FFs or anything. So yes he can be worse. BTW, this was our team's first year in a Zone Defense, so give the whole secondary another year and see how we do.

Wasn't it Freeman that got torched a few times when we played @ Buffalo a few years back 01? :confused:

I think he gave up quite a few big plays (TDs) and such. :eek:

Originally posted by Disnardo

Wasn't it Freeman that got torched a few times when we played @ Buffalo a few years back 01? :confused:

I think he gave up quite a few big plays (TDs) and such. :eek:

No. He got torched once, and it was a 15-yard pass to Price, and Price just outran him. Marion got torched by Price once in the endzone at the end of the half, and the other time was Moulds on Madison.

Marion has lost a couple of steps, is not physical enough and is not the same caliber he once was. Freeman has shown NOTHING except the odd special teams tackle. If there's an opportunity to upgrade.....go for it.

Back
Top Bottom