Rosen’s Slow Start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen’s Slow Start

torn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Very interesting article explaining Rosen’s inability to read a defense. You would think that being able to read a defense is a prerequisite to being a professional QB in the NFL.

“I think I’ve picked up on this ID’ing the middle linebacker,” said Rosen. “I’ve never had to make MIKE (LB) calls before. I think I’m starting to turn that a little bit into second nature, especially in the protection world. So I’m starting to be able to think a little less and play a little more.”

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...qb-josh-rosens-modest-start-to-training-camp/

you see a number of teams where the center makes the line calls and identifies the mike, but you would think after a while the qb would be able to make that call even if it wasn't his respomsability.

If only reading a defense was as easy as identifying the MLB...

According to Rosen former teammate in Arizona, Fitzgerald is seeing a talented rookie take off at the NFL level.

According to Rosen former teammate in Arizona, Fitzgerald is seeing a talented rookie take off at the NFL level.
I didn’t mean to take a shot at Rosen. Not at all. What I’m saying is that the term “reading a defense” is not only identifying the Mike. It’s so much more than that.

I didn’t mean to take a shot at Rosen. Not at all. What I’m saying is that the term “reading a defense” is not only identifying the Mike. It’s so much more than that.

And I was only pointing to the excitement out of Arizona with a QB who seems to be further along in the process.

Even if he sucks it was still a good trade because you know 2nd rounders are not really worth much. We probably couldn’t even land a starter with a 2nd rounder.

Well, he's NOT going to talk smack about the kid -- and I'd be very quick to assume
it has a LOT to do with building up the kids confidence.

Let's just see what the kid does once it's for real.

In this particular case -- I don't think he's going to rip the league up as some others anticipate.

Well, he's NOT going to talk smack about the kid -- and I'd be very quick to assume
it has a LOT to do with building up the kids confidence.

Let's just see what the kid does once it's for real.

In this particular case -- I don't think he's going to rip the league up as some others anticipate.

Assume away.

But I heard nothing like this last year from this particular player concerning a certain rookie QBs work.

Assume away.

But I heard nothing like this last year from this particular player concerning a certain rookie QBs work.

Are you in AZ??? It’s funny because I am and Fitz was always complimentary to Rosen. So just because you didn’t hear it, or more likely didn't want to hear it, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

As the article points out it's odd that he's not been asked to do this before, but kind of explains the common comments coming out of camp that he's too hesitant to throw and over-reliant on his backs.

I am impressed with Rosen's ability to identify and convey where he's lacking and acknowledge that Fitz is doing better. Says a lot about his character, maturity and intelligence. Doesn't mean it's ever going to click unfortunately, but better than having some meathead who can't/won't identify and accept the situation.

Back
Top Bottom