Rosen’s Slow Start | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen’s Slow Start

Very interesting article explaining Rosen’s inability to read a defense. You would think that being able to read a defense is a prerequisite to being a professional QB in the NFL.

“I think I’ve picked up on this ID’ing the middle linebacker,” said Rosen. “I’ve never had to make MIKE (LB) calls before. I think I’m starting to turn that a little bit into second nature, especially in the protection world. So I’m starting to be able to think a little less and play a little more.”

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...qb-josh-rosens-modest-start-to-training-camp/
Where does it say that he has an inability to read defenses? This inability to read an article becomes quite annoying.

Are you in AZ??? It’s funny because I am and Fitz was always complimentary to Rosen. So just because you didn’t hear it, or more likely didn't want to hear it, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Exactly, and I am not in Arizona, and when they were talking about possibly trading Rosen, all Fitzgerald did was talk well of Rosen, and how last year was not his fault.

Rosen may eventually put the mental part all together and become a decent NFL QB someday. Unfortunately, he only has about half a season (assuming he starts at some point) to show that to Miami Mgmt or they will be drafting a QB next year. Kind of sucks for him, but that is the situation he finds himself in.

Rosen may eventually put the mental part all together and become a decent NFL QB someday. Unfortunately, he only has about half a season (assuming he starts at some point) to show that to Miami Mgmt or they will be drafting a QB next year. Kind of sucks for him, but that is the situation he finds himself in.
I’m not so sure about that just yet.

I don't know about that. This is a complex system. Even if/when they draft a QB, there is no gaurentee he beats out Rosen next year. For that matter, there's no gaurantee the guy we draft ends up working out period.

If we bring in another young guy, Josh will either put on his big boy pants, and seize the day, or not. I have to believe a year in the system puts him light years ahead of any rookie. If it doesn't, we have a cheap backup for three years.

I don't know about that. This is a complex system. Even if/when they draft a QB, there is no gaurentee he beats out Rosen next year. For that matter, there's no gaurantee the guy we draft ends up working out period.

If we bring in another young guy, Josh will either put on his big boy pants, and seize the day, or not. I have to believe a year in the system puts him light years ahead of any rookie. If it doesn't, we have a cheap backup for three years.

I agree. I have no problem letting Rosen compete next year, as long as it doesn't prevent them from taking a top QB in the next draft. What I meant was for mgmt (or any of us) to truly feel comfortable NOT drafting a QB high in 2020, he would have an awful long ways to go by the end of this season (I dont see that happening).

I really think we’re all in for a huge surprise when Fitzpatrick plays the entire season or Rosen shows only marginal improvement and we don’t take a QB on the first two days in next year’s draft.

Even if he sucks it was still a good trade because you know 2nd rounders are not really worth much. We probably couldn’t even land a starter with a 2nd rounder.

You’re wrong there, we could have and should have selected McCoy. McCoy the center from A &M is the player the Saints moved up to get with our second round pick in April. He will be starting at center for them, book it!!! McCoy would be starting for us too.

You’re wrong there, we could have and should have selected McCoy. McCoy the center from A &M is the player the Saints moved up to get with our second round pick in April. He will be starting at center for them, book it!!! McCoy would be starting for us too.

I know like Xavian Howard wasn't worth that much smh...stupid argument

To be fair Murray has stepped into an offense designed for him that is pretty much what he ran in college.

While Rosen is trying to learn his 5th offense in 4 years.

This is the question i have for Tua/Trevor/Fromm/Herbert rookie QBs

Where are these guys in terms of processing and executing a complicated offensive system? I ask specifically because most of these college offenses aren't asking them to do a whole lot. Especially when they're usually that much more talented across the board than their opponents.

Can any of those kids come into a NE Patriots type offense and look like Brady from Day 1?

Where are these guys in terms of processing and executing a complicated offensive system? I ask specifically because most of these college offenses aren't asking them to do a whole lot. Especially when they're usually that much more talented across the board than their opponents.

Can any of those kids come into a NE Patriots type offense and look like Brady from Day 1?

I mean is this system we are running that much more complex than whats being run across the NFL? The guy has never even been an OC. Do we even really know what his system is?

I think its a common excuse used by fans across the NFL when the QB isn't doing very well. Lord knows I hear it all the time for Mariota in Titans country.

I think Jake Fromm is the guy they'll like, he seems like more of a fit for what they'll probably want. I think a guy like Grier values proposed "fit" over upside and talent.

Tua has operated primarily an RPO offense during his only season as a starter. However, Mike Locksley has moved on to be head coach at Maryland. Steve Sarkisian is Tua's new OC, and he's installing more of a progression based offense. You'll still see Tua operate the RPO's at a masterful level - but with more progression based reads and post snap verification.

Herbert operates mostly out of the pistol. Trevor is a 2021 prospect.

None of these guys are going to come in and run a Tom Brady offense day 1. You have to keep in mind college players are only allowed to practice 20 hours a week, so you can only get so involved in terms of intricacies. They don't have all day to practice like NFL players do.

Back
Top Bottom