Rosen’s Slow Start | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen’s Slow Start

I mean is this system we are running that much more complex than whats being run across the NFL? The guy has never even been an OC. Do we even really know what his system is?

I think its a common excuse used by fans across the NFL when the QB isn't doing very well. Lord knows I hear it all the time for Mariota in Titans country.

I'm not sure how you can compare Mariota in year how many? vs. Rosen in year 2 under a new system.

I would also add( Someone can correct me here), Vets like Reggie Wayne and Chad Johnson both mentioned, to some degree, that NE system was really complicated and it contributed, in part, to those guys not lasting long there.

IF The Fins try to run a "Tom Brady" offense then Fromm looks like the best fit.

btw...........Rosen should be a good fit too, NE had some interest in him last year.

I think Jake Fromm is the guy they'll like, he seems like more of a fit for what they'll probably want. I think a guy like Grier values proposed "fit" over upside and talent.

Tua has operated primarily an RPO offense during his only season as a starter. However, Mike Locksley has moved on to be head coach at Maryland. Steve Sarkisian is Tua's new OC, and he's installing more of a progression based offense. You'll still see Tua operate the RPO's at a masterful level - but with more progression based reads and post snap verification.

Herbert operates mostly out of the pistol. Trevor is a 2021 prospect.

None of these guys are going to come in and run a Tom Brady offense day 1. You have to keep in mind college players are only allowed to practice 20 hours a week, so you can only get so involved in terms of intricacies. They don't have all day to practice like NFL players do.

Good stuff! I've been hearing Georgia's Jake Fromm is an ideal fit for what Miami wants to do for awhile now.

That’s probably the easiest question to answer. I mean can ANYONE look like the best QB to ever play the game from day 1?

The kid now up in San Fran damn sure did his best impression.

This is the question i have for Tua/Trevor/Fromm/Herbert rookie QBs

Where are these guys in terms of processing and executing a complicated offensive system? I ask specifically because most of these college offenses aren't asking them to do a whole lot. Especially when they're usually that much more talented across the board than their opponents.

Can any of those kids come into a NE Patriots type offense and look like Brady from Day 1?
Saban certainly doesn't do complex. He wins by getting top athletes, and getting them to execute the basics flawlessly.

How many Bama QBs have had NFL success again?

Saban certainly doesn't do complex. He wins by getting top athletes, and getting them to execute the basics flawlessly.

How many Bama QBs have had NFL success again?

Not many and honestly it's part of the reason Tua makes me nervous. I'm going to trust Ted and Ck and others that know way more about this stuff than I do. But when...Who? McCarrons has had the most NFL success...Yikes!

Call me crazy but my logic tells me when your team top to bottom is vastly more superior than most of your opponents, it makes it easier to dominate!

When the playing fields were even(general approximation of the NFL) what happened to Tua vs. Clemson?

I saw a kid that was harassed against top tier front 7 pressure and got confused against disguises and athletes.

Last edited:
Not many and honestly it's part of the reason Tua makes me nervous. I'm going to trust Ted and Ck and others that know way more about this stuff than I do. But when...Who? McCarrons has had the most NFL success...Yikes!

Call me crazy but my logic tells me when your team top to bottom is vastly more superior than most of your opponents, it makes it easier to dominate!

When the playing fields were even(general approximation of the NFL) what happened to Tua vs. Clemson?

I saw a kid that was harassed against top tier front 7 pressure and got confused against disguises and athletes.
Well, there was that Joe Willy dude, but he predated Saban by a couple years......lol

Well, there was that Joe Willy dude, but he predated Saban by a couple years......lol

Look at Rosen's UCLA team. Really?
Put Josh on Alabama's power house and put Tua behind that UCLA offense and terrible defense...Ranked one of the worst in the country.

Look at Rosen's UCLA team. Really?
Put Josh on Alabama's power house and put Tua behind that UCLA offense and terrible defense...Ranked one of the worst in the country.
Good observation. I never thought of it that way, but then again, I'm not sold on Tua anyway.

This is the question i have for Tua/Trevor/Fromm/Herbert rookie QBs

Where are these guys in terms of processing and executing a complicated offensive system? I ask specifically because most of these college offenses aren't asking them to do a whole lot. Especially when they're usually that much more talented across the board than their opponents.

Can any of those kids come into a NE Patriots type offense and look like Brady from Day 1?
Brady didn't even look like Brady when he finally started in 2001. He was a very pedestrian QB. They won the Superbowl and Brady's biggest contribution was being a caretaker of the ball. And when he was not the refs helped him (vs Raiders in the playoffs).

I really think we’re all in for a huge surprise when Fitzpatrick plays the entire season or Rosen shows only marginal improvement and we don’t take a QB on the first two days in next year’s draft.
If that happens, everyone in the organization needs to be fired.

Brady didn't even look like Brady when he finally started in 2001. He was a very pedestrian QB. They won the Superbowl and Brady's biggest contribution was being a caretaker of the ball. And when he was not the refs helped him (vs Raiders in the playoffs).
I thought Brady then looked like Brady now when he led the Patriots on an all passing 53 yard GWD to win the Super Bowl starting at their own 17 with no timeouts and only 1:21 left in the game after the coaches told him to not take any chances.

IF The Fins try to run a "Tom Brady" offense then Fromm looks like the best fit.

btw...........Rosen should be a good fit too, NE had some interest in him last year.
I have the utmost respect for the job Flores is doing.

But if all things stay the same and he would pass over a rare talent like Tua for a less talented Fromm I would lose that respect.

I think he's smart enough to know how to adjust the system to Superior talent.

That's what made Shula great. One of the things. I remember years ago in an interview when he was saying with the team in the 70s they had a style of pounding the ball, but then when he saw Marino throw he had to change his style to fit Marino and it was "attack."

Saban has obviously opened up Alabama's offense to fit Tua's talents and didn't stick with Hurts because he fit more of the traditional way Saban's offense were run.

If a coach can't adjust to high level players they shouldn't be coaching.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom