Ross is a complete utter failure of an owner | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross is a complete utter failure of an owner

This franchise will never win anything as long as Stephen Ross is the owner. That's the bottom line.

Ross should hire a true football executive to run all of the football operations, and stay the hell out of anything having to do with football decisions.

As long as Ross takes it upon himself to make the decisions, seasons like this will continue and continue.

It will be more of the same in 2015. We will have kept Philbin 1 year too long and will be starting over. Yet again. Philbin is clearly NOT the answer.

Ross should hire a true football executive to run all of the football operations, and stay the hell out of anything having to do with football decisions.

As long as Ross takes it upon himself to make the decisions, seasons like this will continue and continue.
And when he does, he'll probably hire another burnout who hasn't won anything since the 90s a la Parcells.

And when he does, he'll probably hire another burnout who hasn't won anything since the 90s a la Parcells.

Exactly. This is another problem. Ross is hiring that guy, too.

I don't agree Ross is a bad owner. Ross is as much a hands off owner as you will find, which is a good thing. There is a bit of a roll of the dice when hiring people in this business and it is getting harder and harder as the tv networks keep snapping up all the good coaches. One hand I want to hate that he holds on to guys to long but on the other hand I realize in time that will be a benefit that the higher quality candidates will appreciate. Yes he should fire Philbin, but if he doesn't I'm not going to curse him but curse the fact guys like Gruden, Cowher, or none of the other guys that reached the status of "Well at least he don't suck" aren't available to ease the desicion to fire Philbin. In short, what "slam dunk" candidate is out there? None that I see.

However if it were up to me Philbin would be cleaning out his office as we speak.

Yup he is. He's had so many blunders in a relatively short amount of time. Almost impressive. We're being run by a jests fan. Nightmare scenario.

Worse thing you can do with a bad, inept, incompetent employee is tell him his job is secure and give him a vote of confidence. Nice job Ross, you moron. You really should know better than that.

For those fans that say keep Philbin another year and see what happens what's going to change in 2015 besides a few new faces?

Fin Fan....I really don't see anyone saying keep Philbin for another year....what I think it is, is now that Ross has made his decision, some (including me) are resigned to the fact that Joe is with us again next year, so now lets build a team that can be successful knowing that. Putting Joe Philbin aside for a moment, there are some serious problems with position players that need to be corrected. We also have significant issues on defense that need to be addressed. Me whining about Joe for the next 6 months isn't going to change a thing.

I also don't agree with Ross being a terrible owner. While I don't like all of his decisions, he lets the football people do their thing and isn't afraid to spend money. I'm going to wait and see what changes we make in the coaching staff and with players in the offseason and then see if there is any room for optimism.

Fin Fan....I really don't see anyone saying keep Philbin for another year....what I think it is, is now that Ross has made his decision, some (including me) are resigned to the fact that Joe is with us again next year, so now lets build a team that can be successful knowing that. Putting Joe Philbin aside for a moment, there are some serious problems with position players that need to be corrected. We also have significant issues on defense that need to be addressed. Me whining about Joe for the next 6 months isn't going to change a thing.

I also don't agree with Ross being a terrible owner. While I don't like all of his decisions, he lets the football people do their thing and isn't afraid to spend money. I'm going to wait and see what changes we make in the coaching staff and with players in the offseason and then see if there is any room for optimism.

Thanks for the your post bro. I just hope this organization hasn't settled for mediocrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ross should go back to real estate full time, he is really hurting the team bringing Philbin back. Knucklehead decisions leaving Ireland in charge for too long as well. Please name one thing he has done well since he bought the team.

Has anyone seen Ross in the lockeroom after this game? Maiking a claim to keep Coyle possibly? Where is he? I hope he knows he looks like a complete idiot after what he did last week.
#Philbinthephinisher

Didn't Ross pressure Philbin to fire Sherman? Perhaps he will do likewise with respect to Coyle and Rizzi.

Didn't Ross agree to play the Jets in London? Brilliant move since the Dolphins most likely would lose to the Jets in Miami.

If Harbaugh is indeed going to Michigan, then keep Philbin's and Hickey's fates tied together. That makes sense. It's not as though Philbin received an extension.

Back
Top Bottom