Ross wins the Thorpe!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross wins the Thorpe!!!

DBoston80 said:
I looked up my stats...I was 0-3 on the year when beting on AKRON and 2-2 whn betting against them..2 for 5 is it you or Toledo who has the frontbutt coach?

Toledo, Amstutz is HUUUGEEE(and a great coach).

Timmy54 said:
wernt the zips good a year or two ago? I seam to remember a battle with BW that was a great game!!!

Last year we won the MAC and went to our first bowl game(my avatar is from the game). We played Memphis in the Motor City Bowl, but DeAngelo Williams was too much, even thouhg the game was fun as hell. This past season only thing we did was upset NC State at NC State.

everyone beat NC State. I was in town for the zips game vs. NC State but had a wedding, thank god i didnt go!!

Timmy54 said:
everyone beat NC State. I was in town for the zips game vs. NC State but had a wedding, thank god i didnt go!!

It was a very exciting fourth quarter, scored as time expired on a one yard run. It was a huge win at the beginning of the season, considering how people would compare Akron to a team like NC State.

Timmy54 said:

Except FSU :lol:

Crowder52 said:
And for everyone crying homer, this is from ESPN's college football awards preview:

Jim Thorpe Award (best defensive back)
Finalists: Leon Hall, Michigan
Reggie Nelson, Florida
Aaron Ross, Texas
My choice: Reggie Nelson. The junior had more big plays than any other defensive back in the country, with 42 tackles, two fumble recoveries and four interceptions. The hard-hitting safety returned an interception 70 yards for a touchdown and blocked a punt.
He actually had seven.

UF Fin Kat said:
the thorpe never goes to the right guy. when sean taylor lost out to the guy from OU, i just knew they'd never get it right.

You're absolutely right! Any award that doesn't go to a member of the Florida Gators is grossly misawarded.

:wink:

finswin56 said:
He actually had seven.

He actually didn't, but since you're making up stats, I agree, Nelson's fake-stats-that-never-happened certainly deserive the merit of the Thorpe Award.

BTW guys, interceptions aren't actually a bearing on how good a guy is.

HysterikiLL said:
You're absolutely right! Any award that doesn't go to a member of the Florida Gators is grossly misawarded.

:wink:

Huh? She named Ed Reed and Sean Taylor, two players from the Univ. of Miami when she talked about the award being historically misguided.

Crowder52 said:
Huh? She named Ed Reed and Sean Taylor, two players from the Univ. of Miami when she talked about the award being historically misguided.

Sense the sarcasm. :rolleyes2

HysterikiLL said:
He actually didn't, but since you're making up stats, I agree, Nelson's fake-stats-that-never-happened certainly deserive the merit of the Thorpe Award.

BTW guys, interceptions aren't actually a bearing on how good a guy is.
You're right, it's six. ESPN had it at 7 a few days ago. I guess someone there had it mixed up. Those were the stats I was going on.

I agree that picks aren't the ultimate test. But, I think taking away the entire middle of the field, intimidating WR's into short arming passes (on a weekly basis), and being versatile enough as a FS to be matched up with one of the most (if not the most) dangerous offensive weapons in the country (McFadden) and subsequently holding him to less than half of the production he realized against the nation's "best" defense (LSU) could be a pretty good start.

Reggie Nelson was not victimized at all this year. Unlike someone else.

Back
Top Bottom