Ross wins the Thorpe!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross wins the Thorpe!!!

All the garbage Gators fans talk about me and a few other Buckeye posters and now look at some the Homerish comments being made!!!

"robbed"
"illegitamate award"
"this thread was made to spite us" -(although a thread was made about alot of awards people won..this guy singles mine out because he's crying his guy didnt win....)

Its gonna be a long week after we beat the Gators...I mean look at all this crying over an award!!!

this was clearly made to spite gator fans. any OSU fan who knew anything would say ross didn't deserve this because of how horrible he played against their precious buckeyes. OBVIOUSLY slap in the face to gator fans.

UF Fin Kat said:
this was clearly made to spite gator fans. any OSU fan who knew anything would say ross didn't deserve this because of how horrible he played against their precious buckeyes. OBVIOUSLY slap in the face to gator fans.

:shakeno: ....So who was the other 5 threads about winners of these awards a slap in the face to??

get over it..its a friggin popularity contest!!! Stop crying about the crap.

DBoston80 said:
All the garbage Gators fans talk about me and a few other Buckeye posters and now look at some the Homerish comments being made!!!

"robbed"
"illegitamate award"
"this thread was made to spite us" -(although a thread was made about alot of awards people won..this guy singles mine out because he's crying his guy didnt win....)

Its gonna be a long week after we beat the Gators...I mean look at all this crying over an award!!!
And the hits keep coming.

Lets see the biggest OSU homer on the board makes a thread about an award with the following finalists:

Leon Hall (Rival team)
Reggie Nelson (Team playing in the title game)
Aaron Ross (Lesser of 3 evils)

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see your intentions. Your a good one to complain about posting garbage.

just goes to show how these awards are so funny. Brady quinn wins most outstanding player but troy smith wins best qb. How is quinn not the best qb but is the most outstanding player. Also, willis wins best linebacker (no not OSU's animal JR) but Penn States linebacker wins best Defensive player. What??

I felt like nelson should have won, he was scarry to alot of WR this year. Ross is a good player but maybe it is the homer in me but i thought Nelson was the glue that held the gators D together and thought he should win.

Motion said:

Lets see the biggest OSU homer on the board makes a thread about an award with the following finalists:

Leon Hall (Rival team)

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see your intentions. Your a good one to complain about posting garbage.

And notice the three big exclamation points at the end of the thread title, from a guy who presumably doesn't even like Texas. He's not fooling anybody.

And for everyone crying homer, this is from ESPN's college football awards preview:

Jim Thorpe Award (best defensive back)
Finalists: Leon Hall, Michigan
Reggie Nelson, Florida
Aaron Ross, Texas
My choice: Reggie Nelson. The junior had more big plays than any other defensive back in the country, with 42 tackles, two fumble recoveries and four interceptions. The hard-hitting safety returned an interception 70 yards for a touchdown and blocked a punt.

Motion said:

Leon Hall (Rival team)

Stop dodging my question....The other threads announcing award winners..who are they a slap in the face of?? cant answer it can you?? If you guys get this bent out of shape over an award...I really am gonna hate to see you after this game.

Crowder52 said:
And for everyone crying homer, this is from ESPN's college football awards preview:

Jim Thorpe Award (best defensive back)
Finalists: Leon Hall, Michigan
Reggie Nelson, Florida
Aaron Ross, Texas
My choice: Reggie Nelson. The junior had more big plays than any other defensive back in the country, with 42 tackles, two fumble recoveries and four interceptions. The hard-hitting safety returned an interception 70 yards for a touchdown and blocked a punt.

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: Reegggggggggggggggggie!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

DBoston80 said:
Stop dodging my question....The other threads announcing award winners..who are they a slap in the face of?? cant answer it can you?? If you guys get this bent out of shape over an award...I really am gonna hate to see you after this game.
I'm not dodging anything. Reading comprehension would tell you that most of those threads were started by fans of those players unlike this one. Get a clue. No one is bent out of shape, we think he should have won, he didn't, oh well.

DBoston80 said:
:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: Reegggggggggggggggggie!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: Reeeeegggggggiee why did you have to hit Ginn so hard and pick off those passes from Troy......Whyyyyyyyy!!!!!:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

DBoston80 said:

The other threads were more of a congratulatory thing is how I took them, shedding some light on players who should get recognized. By you posting a thread about a controversial award, and then winking, and talking about how you couldn't think of a more deserving player, it was obviously a slap in the face to all the Florida fans on the board.

Back
Top Bottom