Roth and Maximus | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roth and Maximus

Yeah, it really sucks being a fin fan these days. The more you see our hated rival fans the more the fear shows. The Jills are not looking good right now and I couldn't be happier!!! But back to Maximus, I hope this guy plays like he did in school. I think JT's gonna have a very good year. If Crowder can be a blitzing LB, we will have some serious ability to pressure the other teams QB and that means TO's, and lots of them.
The nickname Maximus....is kicka**!!!

I mentioned the maximus idea back in the draft. I think it would be a great idea, that can catch on quickly "if he produces". Its not really corny, its something that can engage an entire new face in the saban era. A new attitude, that will help transition the defense into a real force. We need big hits that will scare the opposition.

If Roth does good early on, perhaps someone can call in to the local flagship radio station and spread the "maximus, maximus" idea.

"Are you not entertained"!

Roman529 said:
I am praying that Feeley will be in as the Jets QB when we play them so Roth can mash him into the turf. :lol:
I think you meant to say Fiedler instead of Feeley. :tongue:

I prefer Rothweiller, but you have made me want to go back and watch Gladiator again...maybe after finals are done. :shakeno:

Jimi said:
I saw the video, i just never understood if there was a reason he got this nickname.

Im sure most dont agree wit me, but i dont like giving the guy the name Maximus unless theres a reason other then someone made a movie with him in it.

cause he's like a gladiator, he fights for our entertainment. and he's angry

I like the idea.

Problem is we need more than 10-20 scattered fans around the stadium chanting it for anyone to notice. Chances are no one will hear you because everyone's screaming from the hit and those close enough to hear you just wouldn't understand.

The original video would first need to be more popular. The local radio stations would need to talk about it and the newspapers would need to link to it so more fans could see it. If enough fans see the video (I'm talking thousands) and it's discussed in the paper and radio then it could catch on. People would be much more into it after seeing the video, that's why it's important to first promote the video.

Another possibility is that after a few games the Dolphins create a similar Gladiator highlight film with his Dolphins highlights and play it on the Jumbotron (along with the appropriate phrases on the loudspeakers from Gladiator) every time he makes a HUGE hit or sack. Then the Maximus chant would probably catch on quickly.

One more problem. You can't have te whole stadium chanting "Maximus .... Maximus ..." whenever Roth has a HUGE hit or sack and not do anything for JT and Zach who will make a heck of alot more plays.

I think some of those ideas are great. And for JT and Zach, let them chant too. Let everyone remember the day, they ran into the Titans. Maximus. Maximus!

caneaddict said:
I like the idea.

Problem is we need more than 10-20 scattered fans around the stadium chanting it for anyone to notice. Chances are no one will hear you because everyone's screaming from the hit and those close enough to hear you just wouldn't understand.

The original video would first need to be more popular. The local radio stations would need to talk about it and the newspapers would need to link to it so more fans could see it. If enough fans see the video (I'm talking thousands) and it's discussed in the paper and radio then it could catch on. People would be much more into it after seeing the video, that's why it's important to first promote the video.

Another possibility is that after a few games the Dolphins create a similar Gladiator highlight film with his Dolphins highlights and play it on the Jumbotron (along with the appropriate phrases on the loudspeakers from Gladiator) every time he makes a HUGE hit or sack. Then the Maximus chant would probably catch on quickly.

You bring up some great points. Perhaps it might work and can catch on. Hey if the man turns into a beast, it might work. So if you hear someone chanting Maximus, Maximus in section 350 in the upper deck, look up cause its me.

ROTHWEILLER..... I love it,,"dont leave the gate open,strey dogs mite come in and bite":roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Another Matt Roth tribute video will soon be on scothawks site. I'll be sure to let you all know the first day it's up (I go there almost every day). It should be close to ready or maybe even is, but scothawk does not want to put it up on the site until he has shown it to Matt and his family first. I can't wait to see the new video. Many more hard hits in a new highlight reel. :D

Back
Top Bottom