Roth - Will He Start? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roth - Will He Start?

painnotpleasure said:
I honestly don't think that Matt Roth will start for us right away. I expect him to definitely be starting opposite to JT next year if all goes to plan. At the earliest I think we'll probably be seeing him a few games into the season getting more and more reps and possibly take over the starting joby by midseason. Our starting Defensive Lineup is going to be one of the following scenarios in my opinion:

Scenario 1

RE- Jason Taylor
DT- Keith Traylor
DT- Larry Chester
LE- Kevin Carter

Scenario 2

RE- Jason Taylor
DT- Keith Traylor
DT- Kevin Carter
LE- Vonnie Holliday

Scenario 3

RE- Jason Taylor
DT- Keith Traylor
DT- Kevin Carter
RE- Matt Roth

I would prefer

RE- Jason Taylor
DT- Keith Traylor
DT-Larry Chester
LE- David Bowen with --edit Carter-- rotating.

MDFINFAN said:
I would prefer

RE- Jason Taylor
DT- Keith Traylor
DT-Larry Chester
LE- David Bowen with Holliday rotating.

I like:
RE - Jason Taylor
DT - Keith Traylor w/Carter on passing downs
DT - Larry Chester w/Zgonina or Romaro or Holliday on passing downs
LE - Kevin Carter w/Holliday and Matt Roth rotating.

David Bowens gets traded or cut.
Keith Traylor plays the nose in the hybrid 3-4 with Holliday and Carter on the ends.

MDFINFAN said:
I would prefer

RE- Jason Taylor
DT- Keith Traylor
DT-Larry Chester
LE- David Bowen with Holliday rotating.
What about Kevin Carter?? And what if David Bowens gets released or traded?

i love how carter can be rotated at DE and DT, its gonna be awesome with all the different front well have coming from the end position, and this way, taylor's career can be lengthened and he can be kept fresh.

painnotpleasure said:
What about Kevin Carter?? And what if David Bowens gets released or traded?

Opps, I meant Carter not holiday, I think Holiday plays strickly DT this year except in the 3-4...If Bowens gets traded then my lineup changes.. :D

Guys Nick Saban has slowly molded this defense into what he needs! Just look at the DL, he went out and got players in Holliday and Carter who can play both DE and DT. Then he gets Traylor who is going to be a monster in the run game, and can play the NT if we start rotating between a 4-3 and a 3-4. He drafted a demon in Matt Roth, who I would like to see play the position everyone wants JT to play(blitzing OLB). My dream lineup would be-

LE/OLB- Matt Roth
DT- Kevin Carter
DT- Keith Traylor
RE/OLB- Jason Taylor

The thing about Roth is that if he can get in there we could stand up either DE making us all the more dangerous!

MDFINFAN said:
Opps, I meant Carter not holiday, I think Holiday plays strickly DT this year except in the 3-4...If Bowens gets traded then my lineup changes.. :D
Oh, okay glad to hear that. I was concerned not to see Kevin Carter in the starting lineup. :goof:

I think he will come in and play some on the D Line opposite JT and also as an OLB. Gives us a lot of flexibility and it should help us get many more sacks and pressures, which should also give us more INT's. :)

Back
Top Bottom