Round 1: Get A Guy Who Is "plug And Play" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1: Get A Guy Who Is "plug And Play"

Phinfan407

Active Roster
Reaction score
While I do think we should be preparing for the future at the QB position, I don't like the idea of passing on potential big time players for a guy who will sit and develop behind RT. The upper round one talent in this draft is tremendous and I'd hate to pass on a "Plug and Play" guy in order to pick a QB that's gonna need time. In watching games last year I just saw too many missed plays on defense for us to pass up on a LB or Safety in the first round of this draft.

What's your thoughts on our round 1 pick? Draft for now or draft for later?

Sounds like Roquan Smith to me.

IF there is someone within the FO's reach that they are convinced is a true elite QB, I think they have to get him. Anything less than that, don't take a QB just to be taking a QB - go with a day 1 contributor.

I agree with Aqua. QB's are too important to pass up if the team thinks one can be an elite player. We know exactly what we have in Tanny. He's been a good starter for us, but he's a midlevel player. I can't hang on to the word "Potential" after 3 years. You have to try to get something better. I agree with the notion of getting a day one starter and a 3 down guy too (which is why I slide away from Vea at 11). QB is different tho. Sitting a few months up to a year may not be bad. And if Tanny blows up, we can always trade one.

If Minkah, Edmunds, Smith, James are all gone....

I would be OK with a Rosen pick or even Vea.....what I do not want is to trade back.

Sure you can prioritize "ready to play now" but if you want to be something much better than average then you pick, through luck or evaluation, the star impact player. Sometimes this player can take more time and coaching to develop.

I'd rather gamble on the game changer than settle for solid.

IF there is someone within the FO's reach that they are convinced is a true elite QB, I think they have to get him. Anything less than that, don't take a QB just to be taking a QB - go with a day 1 contributor.

And how does one know (convinced) a QB is a "true elite QB?" I would suspect if anyone knew that, they'd have been doing that for years.

And how does one know (convinced) a QB is a "true elite QB?" I would suspect if anyone knew that, they'd have been doing that for years.

I imagine any GM who would move up in the first round to draft a QB is convinced the guy they're picking is will be elite. Obviously, they're often wrong, but hope springs eternal and all.

As long as 4 QBs are taken in the top 10 as well as Nelson, Barkley and Chubb, one of these four will be there at #11: Edmunds, Smith, James, Fitzpatrick. Gotta take one and call it a great day.

Edmunds, Smith, Fitz.....

If they get one of these guys, I’m happy.

Here!!! Here!!! My feeling exactly.

All impact players, all will help transform Miami's D, and at the very least, I believe one will still be there when Miami comes up.

Back
Top Bottom