Round 1: Get A Guy Who Is "plug And Play" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1: Get A Guy Who Is "plug And Play"

And how does one know (convinced) a QB is a "true elite QB?" I would suspect if anyone knew that, they'd have been doing that for years.

You can say that about anyone though. I'm sure they were convinced Dion Jordan was an elite pass rusher.

Minkah’s a pretty average athlete. I guess we’d have to hope for a Malcolm Jenkins level return. Slot corner wouldn’t do it.

I like James, Smith, and Fitz... not sold on Edmunds though. I get it, he's young and doesn't have a lot of film, I just don't know if he's an impact player. I'm not a fan of drafting guys off potential, I like guys who can play now and show that when you put on the film. It's a tough call though because LB is what I feel we need most in the draft. We've passed on a bunch of LB's early in the draft over the years and it caught up with us. We have safeties, but if the plan is to move one of those guys in the box I think it's a must that we grab one and James would be my pick. He's a Swiss Army Knife and TE's wouldn't stand a chance!

You can say that about anyone though. I'm sure they were convinced Dion Jordan was an elite pass rusher.

Exactly. Every year 32 teams pick a guy in R1 they think are or will be elite. How's that work out? OK, maybe just top 10 picks, but the point remains.

Back
Top Bottom