Round 2 Guys I Like | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 2 Guys I Like

All these tight end prospects are complete reaches. Derrius Guice is a baller and would be a great get at 42.

I like Guice as much as any player still on the board, but I think the Goedert and Samuels combination could have a greater impact. let the root of the passing game be the tight end working the middle and seams and Drake and Samuels on short routes out of the backfield. Everything else can grow from there.

Last edited:
Man, what I wouldn't give to be in Indianapolis' position in the second round with picks 36, 37 and 49. So many holes could be filled on the roster with those picks.

Offer them the 42nd pick this year and Miami's first in 2018 and it's done deal. That would be a steal for the Colts if Miami goes 3-13 as some have predicted. Colts could be the 2019 version of the Browns with multiple top 10 picks. It would be hard for Miami to make that move, especially if there's an outside chance of the team picking top 5 next year. A high draft pick worth two 1st rounds picks and more, making that move for two 2nd round picks would incite a riot.

Last edited:
There has to be a run on WRs, CBs and edge guys, given what happened in Round 1.

We can afford to be patient and someone really good will drop to us, even if it's not a TE.

On the TE side, I like Andrews a lot but I also like Tyler Conklin as a very underrated player coming off a broken metatarsal and he should be available later on.

If we sit tight, we could end up with a really good DT, LB, edge guy, guard, or one of the top TEs.

Can't help but feel all these TE's are getting overdrafted, but I also don't know if we can risk Goedert or Gesicki being there with our 3rd pick. There will likely be better players available with our second pick, but not sure they pass on a TE. I also don't know how to predict where the tier 2 Qbs end up going. If we could pick up an extra 3rd, I would move down a few spots potentially.

I would love to give Shaquem Griffin a shot. I don't know wherehe is projected, but if we can land Goedert with #42, I would look at Griffin in the third.

I would love to give Shaquem Griffin a shot. I don't know wherehe is projected, but if we can land Goedert with #42, I would look at Griffin in the third.

I don't care how many hands Griffin has. I don't care where he's projected to go. If we draft him tonight, I'll be happy.

we will draft the best TE available unless Hernandez or Williams (Guards) falls into our lap, so take the other NJ kid in Mike Gisicki!
not many if any DL or LB that fit our D/needs are valuable at our current spot..if we move back, maybe we can look into a DL or LB

edit-Hurst and Settle at DL I would be OK with as long as Hurst gets cleared medically..not many SAMs out there, plus I think its a done deal that TJ is moving to play more LB

Last edited:
there's no question we need a TE. Will Hernandez is a good pick, but do we really need a guard right now? Also, did Hernandez play against tough opponents? Lots of people seem to forget that college doesn't translate to NFL. If so, Tommy Chang (old Hawaii QB) would be a pro bowler. Tight Ends usually pan out well in the NFL though, and that's a must have pick. I don't care if its Goedert or Gesicki, either one works fine.

they probably have to since they're so thin there now
Exactly, that is my line of thinking also.

There is a lot of great talent still out there, this could be a fun 2nd day.

Back
Top Bottom