Rumors Abound About A High End #3 WR For The Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors Abound About A High End #3 WR For The Dolphins

The way Hill's contract is currently written, we'll have him for this year, and then the next. After that, his contract would have to be completely rewritten... and releasing him would save us 45m!!! against the cap-- which obviously, we would do.

This is one of the reasons that I'm much slower to draft a 1st round WR than many of you. Hill's contract is solid for 2 more years. We don't have to draft his replacement yet... Next year is better timing, although I will grant that we might bite on a falling player, this is greed, rather than any kind of need.

Or its to sign a DT or OL and we pick up Ricky Pearsall in the 2nd/3rd round. WR is deep this year.

I'm still leaning towards signing a decent #4 wr and then drafting a solid #3 who might have the ability to grow into a good #2 down the line. Luke McCafferey might fit that role. I really like Ricky Pearsall, but I think he's going to be at least a #2 option straight out the gate.
Great minds. I think Pearsall is a perfect fit for the team, tough as hell, great character, excellent blocker, twitchy, makes tough contested catches, highlight machine.

Great minds. I think Pearsall is a perfect fit for the team, tough as hell, great character, excellent blocker, twitchy, makes tough contested catches, highlight machine.
I would almost feel guilty limiting Pearsall to a #3 role.

I figure Miami's good for 25 completions per game in 2024. Hill and Waddle will combine for at least 12, the backs and tes should be good for 8 to 10. That would leave only five or less receptions for the reserve wr unit. Of course those numbers change if Hill or Waddle go down with an injury at some point during the season. With Junno Smith and maybe Fortson on board, I think Miami will use more 2 and 3 te sets in the red zone, so the need for a big body wr isn't a great as it once was.

Isaiah Ford on line one
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Man was underrated. Loved seeing that 7th rounder

Or its to sign a DT or OL and we pick up Ricky Pearsall in the 2nd/3rd round. WR is deep this year.
Yea. I would go this route and better yet, use the 21 on a potential stud WR.

Agreed. Priority for me is keeping Tua upright next season and FINALLY solidifying the o-line. I feel like it's been since the Sparano days since I've actually trusted a Fins o-line to adequately run and pass block. That said, I think Grier is less worried about the o-line than fans are, just like last off-season. Wouldn't take it off the board for us in terms of the draft, potentially even at #21, but doubt that's what they're freeing up cap space for.

I've seen rumblings about Aiyuk potentially being on the move, which I suppose really comes down to whether or not the 49ers are willing to offer him a big contract. But I suspect they wouldn't be willing to trade him for cheap and not sure we have the draft capital to spare. Also heard rumblings about Jauan Jennings, who could be a big-body option for us. I think he'd come a lot cheaper than Aiyuk. Could Tee Higgins also be in the mix? Not sure, suspect the Bengals want to hold onto him, even if he's disgruntled about his lack of a long-term deal.
I also wonder if Miami is done with the offensive line, or if Grier considers it less of an early target now? Wynn and Driscoll could potentially be starters.

As to wide receiver, the smart move would be securing a long-term contract for Waddle.

Is Hunter Renfro still available? I don't think he'd count against the comp pick formula.

Honestly, I wouldn’t spend big at wide receiver unless you're okay with losing Waddle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom