Rumors Abound About A High End #3 WR For The Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors Abound About A High End #3 WR For The Dolphins

That “well known” talk if it’s regarding a WR on the current FA market just has to be OBJ. Who else is a big name aside from Slant Man? I also saw on Shitter that OBJ is supposed to be in town this weekend although that wasn’t something Dolphins related.

Isaiah Hodgins would be the guy I’d get for like a 1 year 4 mil deal. 6’3 monster

This.

I’d personally target Reynolds, Hodgins, or Watkins then draft a WR at 21 or 55 depending on how the board shakes.

But it sounds like we are after a specific big name guy. Barry is making it seem like there’s 2 (maybe 1 FA / 1 draft).

That “well known” talk if it’s regarding a WR on the current FA market just has to be OBJ. Who else is a big name aside from Slant Man? I also saw on Shitter that OBJ is supposed to be in town this weekend although that wasn’t something Dolphins related.
Don't see it. Past his prime and injury prone. He's more of a name now. Don't need that IMO.

I think he fits as a #3 at the right price. Meaning probably $3-5 million tops.

OBJ is not what he was. He's not worth big $. I'd look elsewhere.

Plenty of options for a WR in this draft. It's a draft where you can get a good WR in the 3rd round.

I would almost feel guilty limiting Pearsall to a #3 role.

I figure Miami's good for 25 completions per game in 2024. Hill and Waddle will combine for at least 12, the backs and tes should be good for 8 to 10. That would leave only five or less receptions for the reserve wr unit. Of course those numbers change if Hill or Waddle go down with an injury at some point during the season. With Junno Smith and maybe Fortson on board, I think Miami will use more 2 and 3 te sets in the red zone, so the need for a big body wr isn't a great as it once was.
I think that is also a product of what we had out there. Tua only really had 2 wrs he trusted. It might be a perfect fit for Pearsall to come in and learn from Wes Welker . Not just because hes white lol. I see alot of Wes in Ricky. Just maybe a bigger more versatile version . Plus Hill maybe has another 1-2 years here ?

Jalen Guyton would be a solid move, or just resign Claypool. Barring a trade I would not throw big money to who's out there in FA

I keep hearing this draft is extremely deep at WR.
Yeah. As the other guy above said, paying big for a 3rd WR hurts the chances we resign Waddle. Plus there isn't a high priced free agent WR out there except Williams who is always hurt. Trading picks for a pricey WR doesnt help because of our lack of picks. Logically, signing a guard and drafting a WR makes sense.

Lol, Tua only threw to 2 receivers last year. Now we're going to pay a third "big time" receiver just for him to maybe reach 500 yards??? Lol. So now Tua will have time to look at all 4 options? God damn Grier, fix the ****ing o line first you fool...

Im still stunned Easy E hasnt panned out. He looked like a stud in his rookie preseason but failed to learn the assignments to take the next step. This will be his 3rd year coming up...

Yeah. As the other guy above said, paying big for a 3rd WR hurts the chances we resign Waddle. Plus there isn't a high priced free agent WR out there except Williams who is always hurt. Trading picks for a pricey WR doesnt help because of our lack of picks. Logically, signing a guard and drafting a WR makes sense.
I agree, trading for a WR and losing more picks plus probably extending the player to a big contract isn't the best use of resources. That tactic would more likely drive Waddle off the roster as opposed to drafting a WR in round 1 or 2.

Im still stunned Easy E hasnt panned out. He looked like a stud in his rookie preseason but failed to learn the assignments to take the next step. This will be his 3rd year coming up...
He looked really good last year in camp and it looked like McD was going to draw up plays to utilize his skills but then came the neck injury. Ezukama claims the injury was healed before the season ended but the team chose not to activate him, something was going on last year with him and the team as they probably could have used him down the stretch.

Reactions: MDK
Back
Top Bottom