Rumour Mill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumour Mill

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So what rumours are going around for offseason moves in picks up and or trades, and who we are looking at in the draft?

I have heard about warner and bruce, some of you think brees, and possibely eli manning.

So how do you guys think things will shake out in the coming months?

i get toasted alot for this but warner and bruce would be great.as for the draft really there is not a bad qb coming out if we can get our hands on 1.alot of pepole want brunell but i dont think that would be a good idea 2 knee braces is not good and hes 34 and to me he has no upside.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
i get toasted alot for this but warner and bruce would be great.as for the draft really there is not a bad qb coming out if we can get our hands on 1.alot of pepole want brunell but i dont think that would be a good idea 2 knee braces is not good and hes 34 and to me he has no upside.

I agree. I was thinking the same thing about Brunell. I like all of the QBs in this draft. If we draft one of the QBs in the top 5 we should be ok.

Originally posted by DolFan31

I agree. I was thinking the same thing about Brunell. I like all of the QBs in this draft. If we draft one of the QBs in the top 5 we should be ok.
as long as we dont throw him in the fire and expect greatness we should draft a qb and bring in a veteran free agent to groom the rookie.after all we are close playoffs or not we are really close to getting to the big dance a qb and coach and we can do it i really believe so but our window is closing i hope wayne can make the right choices this offseason.

If you like rumors go to profootballtalk.com, they make up the best stuff.

If you want real factual finformation about the upcoming offseason, wait til the offseason actually begins.

P.S. anything you read or hear about the Miami Dolphins future, aside from the hiring of a GM or the firing of a coach is just speculation at this point. For the very reason that, there is no one in charge of personnel after next sunday.

Originally posted by Stamos
If you like rumors go to profootballtalk.com, they make up the best stuff.

If you want real factual finformation about the upcoming offseason, wait til the offseason actually begins.

P.S. anything you read or hear about the Miami Dolphins future, aside from the hiring of a GM or the firing of a coach is just speculation at this point. For the very reason that, there is no one in charge of personnel after next sunday.

Excellent points Stamos (especially about PFT- good entertainment value but most of it's made up crap.) I'll tell you what's not going to happen though: Neither Breese nor Warner will be in 'Fins' uniforms next year. Neither has much of an upside and both are statuesque therefore they would get annihilated by opposing defenses.

The most likely scenario is that Jay will return next year as the starter with a rookie being groomed behind him. Hey, that might just be the best thing in the World that could happen to Jay; look what it did for Kitna! :D

"The most likely scenario is that Jay will return next year as the starter with a rookie being groomed behind him"

Thats laughable, He will not be back

he will be back, which team would take him ??? only the dolphins at the right price....

Just face the facts, Fiedler and Wannstedt both will be gone next year. I am a huge Fiedler fan and I really dont want to see him go but with all of the injuries and lack of touchdowns to interceptions, there is very little chance of him staying. Sage is a joke, just pass on him. We need to get right to Garcia. He is a probowler who will go all out for whoever hes playing for and with San Fran needing the cap space to resign Julian Peterson. Garcia would be a nice addition to 2004.

The rumours about Kurt Warner are rubbish. Jay Zygmont, the Rams GM has stated on many occasions that Warner CAN'T be cut or traded because the cap hit for the Rams is too great. And why on earth would Miami want an immobile QB behind our line, whose best days are behind him due to a thumb injury that has never healed?

The Mark Brunell thing might have some validity, but it's not a move I would welcome with open arms.

Any talk of Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger is pie in the sky.

AJ Feeley might....might be an RFA option, as might any move for Drew Henson, although I suspect the bidding may end in a 2nd rounder, although if we have the cap room to deal, the Texans are in dire need of defenders and that's something we can offer - Ogunleye for Henson and a 3rd rounder?? Billy Volek could be a stopgap.

I would imagine that Miami will go hard after guys like Carolina G Jeno James, Adam Timmerman of the Rams, Darrell Jackson of Seattle and Justin McCeirans of the Titans.

Draft wise, I would think that G's like Vernon Carey and Dave Baas, if he comes out, and Adrien Clarke of OSU, centers like LSU's Ben Wilkerson, if he declares and Tulane's JP Losman are strong options, with Lee Evans of Wisconsin and Rashaun Woods of Oklahoma State being more likely WR options because of their superior route running and polish, over guys like LSU's Michael Clayton and Ohios State's Michael Jenkins. James Newsom of Oregon St is another to look out for at WR.

I would think that Cody Pickett of Washington would be a strong 3rd round possibility if we don't address QB elsewhere.

you might be right but the thing about his days behind him are not true the guy had a grade 2 concussion on opening day in the first quarter and played the whole game and finished with over 300 yards passing i cant believe the guy is done just cant.he has had a whole season and will have the offseason to heal he will be ready to play come 04 mark it down wherever he goes he will improve some teams offense.(unless its arizona):D

rumor....

our defense stays pretty much status quo (fletcher out, maybe madison for $)

Offense....major shakeup with pretty much a new front line....

Tenn - he also fumbled 6 times in that game. He's too immobile to be effective. Very few teams have the OL that the Rams had and the TB that the Rams had and the great route running WR's that the Rams had when they won it all. And as I said, it's hard for the Rams to deal him because of the near $7 million cap hit for a team that is facing up to the re-signing of guys like Damian Lewis, Tommy Polley, Adam Archeluta, etc in the next 12 months.

Originally posted by jbond
rumor....

our defense stays pretty much status quo (fletcher out, maybe madison for $)

Offense....major shakeup with pretty much a new front line....
ive been hearing jamar will stay with us that we have no choice due to the contract we will have him till it expires which is next year.

They're going to try and restructure (i.e. cut his pay) Warner first. Then attempt to deal him.

Back
Top Bottom